Hey Newbies!!

Reciprocity

Yes, I'm talking to you Bev, Thik4Sho, JKPK & LisaMK :)

Congrats to all of you for deciding to take back your life and quit this horrible addiction. We know it's really difficult in the early days because we have all been there. Whether you are going cold turkey or using some NRT assistance, those early days are tough. I remember feeling like every day was one long, disorienting marathon that always ended in exhaustion ....... kind of like this.........

2de4dOZ.gif

The good news is, it does get better and easier as long as you just maintain your NOPE! It does for all of us and you are no exception. It's a slow process but providing you don't smoke, you WILL find freedom and take back your life :)

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, JKPK said:

Yep....the dinosaur would be me. :)

I trust you made note of those children fleeing for their lives on the jump pad? They see the potential hair-trigger rage in your eyes as you pass by them. This often a symptom of the increased anxiety of the early quit :) That too is only a temporary thing. Deep breathing exercises can help with that.

Thank you for the upbeat messages! I’m still in the game , hanging in the background,  taking a couple long walks each day to ride out the waves of emotions.  The cool air is helping. 

The one thing I find most annoying is how slow time goes now. The days just seem to drag on forever !  What’s up with that...?

• Like 2

Completely normal! Time seemed to stand still for me the first few weeks of my quit. I had some pretty serious "brain fog" too in the early part of my own quit. Trouble focusing on anything for more than 10 seconds, unproductive, agitated, anxious - you name it. Wasn't pleasant but you know what? It's all temporary and a pretty fair exchange for what you are getting back on a permanent basis. Hang in there Bev. It'll happen for you too :) Nice that you are walking and yes, the cooler air is a nice change :)

• Like 1

if time flies when you're having a good time, time comes to a grinding halt when you're having a hard time.  Makes sense. I also had this experience  and made an effort to use my time well. Since it seemed like all I had was time. It's a great opportunity to take up a new healthful activity or find a creative outlet to explore unrecognized talents.  Just think, you're aging slower than the rest of the world!

KTQ!

Edited by PeaceTrain

16 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I trust you made note of those children fleeing for their lives on the jump pad? They see the potential hair-trigger rage in your eyes as you pass by them. This often a symptom of the increased anxiety of the early quit :) That too is only a temporary thing. Deep breathing exercises can help with that.

I guess that my dogs are the children... :(

• Like 1