Sazerac has Four Years

Paul723

I want to tell a story about Sally that happens in the future.  Stories that happen in someone’s future are more fun to tell because they may or may not be connected to actual events.  But first, she wrote an excellent essay about the Zen of Quitting Smoking and I meant to tell her my favorite Zen saying which is, “Every snowflake falls perfectly”.  When a snowfall starts with great big flakes one should go out in them and look up to follow a flake on its journey.  Some zig zag on their way down before landing on a single blade of grass – perfectly, while others spin crazily before melting on the sidewalk - perfectly.  As you watch the flakes fall, your mind will clear in the cold air and you will be aware of the immense quiet of a winter snow.  Then I thought, what good is this to Sally in New Orleans?  This winter meditation isn’t going to work often down there.  I’ll change it for her to, “Every raindrop falls perfectly”.

As many know, Sally gets around NOLA on foot most of the time so it is almost a certainty that she will be caught in a rain shower.  She will come in soaked with pure water dripping from her hair down her back.  She will blow an exquisite drop of water from the tip of her nose.  She will shake like a wet dog from her head to her tail.  Pooling up in a personal puddle she will remember that “Every raindrop falls perfectly”.  After reading that in her past about her future, her now present will look up and say ”I could do with a little bit less perfection”.  Then she will laugh with us because that is what perfection feels like.

• Like 1

A double header today with two of our friends achieving their 4 year quit anniversary! That fabulous!!

Congratulations to you Sazerac on being 4 years quit. Such an inspiration to others just starting out or the lurkers who have yet to make the jump. Hope you do something special on this day :)

I thought I would pop in on my Fourth year celebration and what a grand surprise !

Thank you so much, Paul, for thinking of me and hello to all you wonderful smoke free creatures.

I could/would not have quit had it not been for all your care and it is inspiring to see your care carrying on here.

Quitting smoking was a great decision and one I will never regret.

If you are thinking of quitting, please give it an honest try.

The benefits unfold forever, providing you strength and courage in all you do.

I think of y'all often and send you all my best.

Love,

Sazarac

Feels Like Rain written by John Hiatt and performed here by Aaron Neville

• Like 2