Cristobal Is 5 Years Smoke Free Today!!

Reciprocity

Big congratulations to you Cristobal for achieving such an amazing milestone. Seeing people reach the 5 year quit mark is truly an inspiration to the rest of us. You are in good company with some other amazing quitters on this board. Hope you celebrate big time :)

21c5tmq.jpg

• Like 4

There is no telling how many people he has helped along the way in five years. I know I always made a point of reading his daily NOPE comments during my first year and will always remember his help. Thanks again and congratulations for five years of freedom. Wish your wife the same in a couple days.

• Like 3

Thank you very much Reciprocity for remembering my annivesary !

And thank you very much others who have posted to this thread.

My quit has been a wonderful trip for me, and I look forward to the future to continue to receive more and more benefits in my beautiful life without smoking.

As time has passed, I continue to experience gradual physical improvements even at 5 years. These improvements are more subtle at this point,, but still noticeable in a long term sense. I smoked for about 30 years, and I am grateful that I quit when I was healthy. I can imagine that if I had continued to smoke, that perhaps today I would be ill with a smoking related illness, or perhaps even dead.

If you are reading this and are still smoking, or if your quit is new and you are having some problems, please realize that:

1. Quitting smoking is the best gift you could ever give to yourself. It is a gift of beautiful freedom from addiction, much better health, and a lot of money saved. You deserve this gift. You were not born to die of a self inflicted, smoking related illness.

2. Everybody can quit smoking permanently.  The only thing that is necessary, is to make a commitment to yourself to never take another puff, and keep this commitment. As long as you keep this simple commitment, you will be fine. Any challenges to your quit that you have right now, will disappear with time. Be patient. The addiction with time will go to sleep, and you will not even realize it when it happens.

At 5 years I feel like I have never smoked (although I know better).  My freedom from the addiction is complete, and the addiction has gone deeply to sleep. I can continue like this for the rest of my life easily. Just as long as I never take another puff.

Cristóbal

(I just saw my ticker is messed up, I need to fix it !!!)

PS. - Tomorrow is my wife's 5 year anniversary !!!

• Like 6