MLB Playoffs - Anyone?

Reciprocity

Gotta love a Game 7 in October.  Every pitch is potentially a big deal.

Morton and McCullers team up for a shutout.  Bregman's throw to the plate was perfect.  And of course...ALTUVE!

Touch 'em all Jose.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I know it's only game 2, but tonight feels like a must-win game for Houston.  If the Astros are going to win four, they have to win at least one in Chavez Ravine.  Verlander on the mound gives them a great opportunity to pick one up on the road.

Hey Justin, you're up.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Does Joe Buck get on anyone else's nerves? I know it's his job to talk but for f*<€$'s sake...

Some people hate the Yankees.  Other people hate the Red Sox.

Some people hate the Dodgers.  Other people hate the Giants.

Some people hate the Braves.  Other people hate the Mets.

But everybody hates Joe Buck.

7b3255b6826403965c49e1f0f8b39293--diabet

• Like 2

Apparently there was a great finish in last night's game.  Blown save, extra innings, rallies...the whole deal.

Today I'm thankful for DVR technology as I fell asleep before all the action.

Ol' Boo's not getting any younger and his idea of a late night is getting earlier all the time.

• Like 2

On NO!!! I went to bed after top of 8 figuring it was "probably" over :( I gotta get up for work each morning and these games go on for way too long. Hate to watch for a couple of hours though then miss all the excitement!!

And, the thing I don't get about Joe Buck is, how come they bring him in for the big games or series of multiple sports? He can't know that much about everything. I watch the Canadian feed though so I can avoid him for the most part :)

• Like 2

And, the thing I don't get about Joe Buck is, how come they bring him in for the big games or series of multiple sports? He can't know that much about everything. I watch the Canadian feed though so I can avoid him for the most part :)

So Canada was never subjected to the broadcasting duo of Joe Buck and Tim McCarver?  Lucky Canucks!

Joe would state the obvious with all the enthusiasm of a guy giving a PowerPoint presentation at an insurance seminar.  While Tim managed to talk over every pivotal point of the game recalling stories about when he was catching for a young Steve Carlton.  And baseball fans across America discovered the mute button on their remotes.

• Like 1

I think you maybe misunderstood me. We have a choice of feeds from the U.S. or Canada. I have suffered through the Joe Buck and the Tim McCarver broadcasts. I just now choose to listen to the less annoying Canadian broadcast. We do have a "Buck" but that\s Buck Martinez :) At least Buck Martinez actually "played" professional baseball  :P 

• Like 1

Not sure why I'm sitting here at almost 1:00 AM watching this game that is now 12-9 for Houston but I just can't stop now.

Only an inning to go!

I'm going on four-hours of sleep today, but I couldn't turn that game off last night.  We're 5 games in and this series has already produced two instant classics in games 2 and 5.

I won't even try to predict what happens in game 6 or potentially a game 7.  We just saw a game that matched Kershaw and Keuchel as the two starting pitchers that ended with 25 runs being scored.  Anything can happen in October.

And...I know we've already discussed how awful Joe Buck is, but in a game that produced as much drama as one could ever ask for that damn guy was whining about how long the game was running.  Hey Joe, if you leave early and don't come back you won't be missed. 

• Like 1

Yes - turning into a can't miss watching a game series which is good no matter who takes it. It would really do this one justice to have it go to a game 7.

I think I can do 2 more day after "zombie" work shifts. Have all winter to sleep  :P

• Like 1