The Secondary Benefits of Not Smoking

Sirius

Discovered another benefit to not smoking.  

Came down with a nasty cold over the last weekend.

Friday I had the sore throat.  Saturday was badly congested.  Sunday had the chills, sneezes, and coughs.

Monday through Thursday I steadily got better with a gradual lessening of congestion and mild coughing.

When I was smoking a cold would have snaked its way into my lungs and I'd have a chest congestion for several weeks with nigh constant hacking and coughing.   :bad:

So my secondary benefit is that I bounce back from a cold much more quickly then in my smoking days.

Something to think about.... :sun_bespectacled:

• Like 5

Remember smoking when you had a cold?  I do.  Every drag from the cigarette set off a hacking spell, but you did it anyway.  Every cigarette left you feeling worse for wear, but you just had to get your fix.

Do you miss that crap?  NOPE!

• Like 3

That is what led me to finally decide to fight this addiction. I was so sick all of January and STILL smoking!! One day I was puffing and coughing away like crazy and I finally realized just how crazy it was so I said "ENOUGH!!!" That was Jan. 28th and I quit early morning Jan. 29th. So far ..... so good :D

• Like 5

Smokers get sick much more than non-smokers, but it is not just because smoker lungs are in bad conditions and smoker health is never very good.

It also has much to do with how we are touching things every day with our hands, and then as smokers we touch cigarettes many times all day with our fingers and and then put the cigarettes in our mouths.

That is a great way to transmit virus of colds and influenza from our hands, into our mouths.

Cristóbal

• Like 1