Struggling a bit

bjean

Today has really not been a good day.  If you've read some of my other posts today, you may know that I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago.  When I quit smoking 3-1/2 weeks ago it was because I was starting to feel constriction in my chest.  Folks, I wasn't that heavy a smoker.  A little over 1/2 pack a day on average.  I might do more if I was under stress.  I did smoke for about 23 years.

This morning the chest constriction is back.  It's scaring me and driving me crazy.  It's like there's something I need to cough up, but I can't!  I'm having some sinus problems so that may be it, but I'm really scared.  Has anybody else been through something like this?

• Like 1

I also had pretty bad sinus issues for the first part of my quit. It was bad enough that it negatively affected my sleeping patterns for some time. That has since rectified itself but it took a while. I have to assume it was tied to my quitting because I had no issue before I quit. The chest constriction issue, I didn't experience myself but each person does experience different quit symptoms. If you are concerned about it, see your DR. about it so you can at least set your mind at ease :)

• Like 1

I would see a doctor as it might not be related to smoking either way. But I would also think the gall bladder doctor would have said something if it was obvious. Maybe it's a twin sister you never knew you had growing inside. Saw that in national enquirer

• Like 1

I had a bit of tightness in my chest for the first few weeks. Though I also have ongoing allergy and sinus issues that flare up now and then. Still have those, but the chest issues never came back after the first month or so. I remember I had all sorts of weird symptoms that first month. If you're worried, go see the doctor. It's always a good idea to be sure. 

• Like 1