The prison gates are wide open, just walk on out to freedom

Jonny5

seriously,  all of the guards have abandoned their posts, and the gate is wide open.  the prison records have been destroyed too, so you can escape, and no one will try to recapture you.

All you have to do is walk straight out of the front door, and into the no smoker world in which you wish to live.

what are you waiting for?

and why do some of you keep running back into the jail?

take your walk to freedom.... or do you still think that freedom is inside the jail?

• Like 6

Prison is exactly what we willingly live in when we choose to smoke.  It sucks.  When I quit in the past, I would look back and miss the days of smoking.  But since I understood smoking for what it really is, I look back and all I see are bad memories and a shitty existence bound to the almighty cigarette.  I never, ever will go back to that lifestyle.  I don't care how bad things get, THAT life is not me anymore. 

Smoking stinks, it sucks, it kills you and controls your life and those around you.  Those prison gates are open and what prisoner would choose to stay locked up?  None. So why should you?  Quit now.

• Like 2

I read a story once about an elephant in captivity who was chained for a long time to a post of some sort.  At some point the physical chains were removed and the Elephant continued to stayed put on it's own. 

Change is hard but if we don't change we are doomed to a lifetime of invisible chains. 

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 4/23/2014 at 12:03 PM, Jonny5 said:

take your walk to freedom.... or do you still think that freedom is inside the jail?

Freedom isn't but maybe Bubba or Bertha (in the women's joint) offers some really good romance?