Shanakor has lasted through one work shift

Shanakor

I know that it is not a very big achievement, but I am glad that I made it through a whole shift at work.

It is the first step towards freedom.

However, it is such a shit that because I am happy and proud and nicotine is connected to the brains reward center I immediately wanted to smoke a cigarette.

I patiently waited my 6 minutes (I always start a timer with 6 minutes) and now the craving has worn off significantly.

I am looking forward to living live free and being able to celebrate achievements without slowly commiting suicide. (i.e smoking)

• Like 4

Maybe I used the wrong words. I have only stopped for about 8 hours this is one workday.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."  --Lao Tzu

Congratulations Shanakor.  Freedom is right there in front of you, just maintain relentless forward progress.

• Like 1

It is so strange. As I was stating in my first post I was very skeptical about this community affecting me at all.

I have no personal connection to you and I do not know you. For all I know your congratulations could have been generated by a bot.

Nevertheless, I caught myself thinking like the big quitters on here a couple of times (so it actually does start to influence me) and it is trenendously uplifting to here your encouragements. Thank you very much for that.

• Like 3

Congrats on getting through that 1st workday :) It's amazing how many different triggers there are for our smoking. Sadness, happiness, boredom, stress and the list goes on and on. Not only are you getting that nicotine out of your body but you are starting down the road of teaching yourself how to live and function happily without including a cigarette in the process. That is the real challenge in quitting as far as I'm concerned.

I too was totally surprised when I began posting in this community just over 7 months ago as to how much of a help sharing my experience with like minded souls actually was. It's comforting and uplifting and the odd part is, none of knows each other but before long, you really feel like this is a family of sorts. Keep up the good work Shanakor!!

• Like 1