Irma

bakon

Headed south Friday. Go see a girl named Irma. Been to Florida four times in 11 months. Hurricane three times. Throw in two at OBX in last two years I will have five in six vacations. But always just driving through a storm. Never been stuck in the eye. Maybe stop and see DD for late lunch Friday anyone else going to be near mousetown next week.

PS vacation is proper term for what you idiot islanders call holiday. Holiday is proper term for July 4th when we told you piss off

• Like 3

Lol..we in the pool call it hols..I was being posh...

Listened to the news about Texas ,while I was across the pond...bad...

We don't get anything like it..but still manage to moan...speaking of Texas...

Has MLC been effected by this..anyone heard from him...??????

Aww lunch with DD..sounds like a plan ....

• Like 1

Yes my boss is being evacuated we hold the fort here in NY Long Island while he enjoys (well except for Irma) the fancy life working from the Keys.  Very scary all the poor little islands in the way. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's still a grand mess. A lot of people still don't have power a week later. I feel so sorry for the people in the keys. I'm in north Florida and we got a weakened version but many people still lost their homes. It's only been eleven months since hurricane Matthew last year and I think people who got flooded both times are ready to pack it in and invade the northern states.

• Like 1

We had to cancel our vacation to the Bahamas because of Irma! That bitsh! Know lots of people in Florida, everyone was OK thankfully. Have a friend in Texas that hasn't been heard from since Harvey. Hopefully next month we will make it to the Caribbean if anything is left.

• Like 1