What's Next?

NADA

What's the next big quit milestone you're looking forward to?*

Mine:

Soon after I quit I put a reminder on my cell phone that on October 17, 2017 at 7 AM I will be one million minutes smoke free.  Seemed like a big deal in the early days of my quit when I was struggling to get through each and every minute. Glad those days are long gone!

Okay....it's your turn.  It can be time quit, number of cigs avoided, money saved, etc.

* Ended a sentence with a preposition. :o  

• Like 3

The milestones I focused on up til now were:

1 day

1 week

2 weeks

1 month

3 months

6 months

All those have been achieved and some of that time wasn't easy nor did I know whether I could make them or not at times :unsure:

My next one is 1 full year :D It's still a long way off for me yet but for some reason, 7,8,9, 10 & 11 months just holds no special meaning to me. I'm going for the holy grail in quitting - dream big ;)

• Like 1

After hitting the one-year mark, I don't really think in terms of milestones anymore.  Although...I do glance at my ticker from time-to-time and like seeing the money saved.  Over $4,000 that didn't literally go up in smoke.  That helps the cause a bit.

• Like 1

I do look forward to hitting the 6 month and 1 year marks, which seem distant but achievable if I hold on to my "personal commitment to never take another puff ".  The most coveted milestone for me is living a full day without once thinking about smoking.  I hope this will happen one day and that it will be followed by strings of days when I won't have a single thought about cigarettes or smoking. Am I reaching too high?  Maybe...but this is my wish.  

• Like 1

I still focus on every year. The rest of the numbers don't mean so much anymore.

Early days it was days, weeks, months, a year but also 10,000 cigs not smoked was a massive big deal to me. I wonder if it's because I'd seen an image of that many cigs in a glass cage and thought it utterly obscene.

• Like 2

I buy myself a super duper awesome present each anniversary. Every minute counts. Whether you measure it by minute, month or year.

Me too!  I don't really need the reward any more ...  I just like to buy myself presents :d

• Like 3