Hello I am a new member

Jayhawk

Hello all.. I am a new member. I smoked for 20 years.. I quit cold turkey on July 22nd.. I have had some good and some challenging days.. I have noticed some improvements over the last week.. Less cravings and I go hours without thinking about a cigarette.. it's great not having to plan my days around smoking.

• Like 5

Hello Jayhawk and welcome to the QuitTrain! First off, congratulations on your quit! Secondly, if you haven't already done so, read as much as you can of the information for new members. The Joel Spitzer library has been a great resource for me. You can find videos on a myriad of topics related to quitting smoking. It seems whatever you are up against at any given moment, you can usually find a video that addresses that particular issue.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. I think you'll find support and valuable information here, as I have.

Best wishes,

PeaceTrain

• Like 1

Good job. Education and posting are the keys at this point. You made it past the hard part. Cold turkey always works best. No playing with a bandaid and other sources of nicotine. Rip it off and yell

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Jay.. Congrats on taking the rest decision to taking your life back...

As the above have said ,read all you can here,and then some..knowledge is your weapon..

We have a daily NOPE thread.. This is a promise to yourself..that in the next 24 hrs you won't smoke..

Take smoking of the table no matter what..this got me through my early quit... And still does to be honest..

Looking forward to getting to know you..

Welcome aboard Jayhawk.  Good call on giving up the cigarettes.  Those improvements you're noticing now will only increase as time goes by.

Congratulations.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

Hi Jayhawk! Your quit sounds like my own in the early days. Pretty much went cold turkey which isn't easy but get everything out of the way as quickly as possible so nothing to address later on other than reprogramming your brain to life life comfortably as a non-smoker. Anyway, looks like you're doing great so far so hang around here and participate regularly. That's another thing that will help to make that young quit really solid for you. Look forward to seeing you quit progress :)

• Like 1

26 days and counting!! Thank you all for the comments!

Great Day today!! Minimal gravings or thoughts about smoking...

The last few days have been much easier than the previous 20 or so.

I was able to go out and have a drink with dinner (didn't even think about smoking).

baby steps.. one day at a time.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...