Just signed up

Jack1664

Welcome and CONGRATS!! A week is wonderful. And good for you for taking on the pub already! I sort of became a hermit for the first few weeks, just starting to get out there and do regular stuff again - but SMOKE FREE.- and I am at the point in my quit where I am realizing how much time I wasted - making time to smoke. UGH I truly take it one day at time - that works for me in the early stages - I don't even Pledge the NOPE - as the EVER overwhelms me - But I can always commit to a day - one day at a time. Welcome and stay close 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HeatherDianne said:

I don't even Pledge the NOPE - as the EVER overwhelms me - But I can always commit to a day - one day at a time.

This has been true for many of us. 

Understanding addiction, accepting that we are addicts, knowing that addiction lasts forever leads us to look at the bigger picture of EVER.

NOPE ~ Never/Ever/Forever

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I decided 4 days ago to take the idea of quitting smoking seriously and quit cold turkey. It only took a chest infection due to covid 19 to finally push me over the edge. I had a couple tough cravings today but I worked through them. I was searching the internet for some kind of support system when I came across this site. I decided to join and get the help I believe that I will need to continue strongly.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Mac and congratulations on your 4 days quit. How scary that must have been to have covid, I hope you're feeling much better now.

We have a new forum dedicated to covid and smoking so be sure to check it out. You'll get amazing support here to help you through your journey to freedom so stay close. We have lots of forums to keep you busy from educating yourself to socializing so plenty to do here 😊

Also if you get a chance, we have an introductions forum where you can introduce yourself to everyone 😊

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Actually remembered to post on the day 😂😂

2 Years 9 Months 😀😀😀

I hope you are all safe and well and the lock ins have not provided temptation. I have thought of it once or twice during my lock in but when I do I just have another bottle of gin 😂😂😂😂😂

Stay safe stay well and stay indoors x 

Edited by Jack1664
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...