Just signed up

Jack1664

Sorry for the confusion. One of the biggest bridges to cross for me is a night at the pub with friends who smoke. Obviously the temptation is increased. By pub - tick I simply meant that this hurdle has now been overcome and that particular box ticked.

Lol..over the years I've had to learn to talk more proper like..

We had bad Scouse issues ...

I knew what you meant jack...

Don't forget our daily pledge ..NOPE..not one puff ever..it sets you up for the day...just like a good breakfast ..

Keep climbing !!!

Just got back from my second visit to the non smoking clinic. On my first visit I blew 36 on the carbon monoxide meter today I blew 3 which apparently is normal even for a non smoker. The councillor said it's impossible to blow 0 because of general pollution like car exhausts. So I'm pretty pleased with myself without being complacent.

• Like 3

That's great news Jack! You are already starting to realize some benefits to quitting. It's important to keep those top of mind as you continue your battles with this addiction. Attitude plays a big role in being successful. Focusing on the positive rather than the negatives of quitting will serve you well :)

Thanks for your explanation on the "Pub tick" - lol I thought that was what you meant and that also great news. You can handle anything as a nonsmoker as long as you have a plan and remain vigilant.

• Like 1

Sorry for the confusion. One of the biggest bridges to cross for me is a night at the pub with friends who smoke. Obviously the temptation is increased. By pub - tick I simply meant that this hurdle has now been overcome and that particular box ticked.

Haha Reci had it all along. Keep on keepin on Jack. You're over that hurdle! KTQ!

• Like 1

It's a funny thing with friends and family. Non smokers are very supportive and ask how it's going (even though I actually don't want to talk about it, talk about ANYTHING else but my stopping smoking lol!!!) but smokers tend to be sceptical, I wouldn't say non-supportive and I wouldn't say envious certainly surprised that I'm now 12 days in. Strangely THEY don't want talk about my quit either which suits me just fine lol

I am actually suffering a bit today for the first time in my quit so coming here and unloading is helping, I'm trying to keep busy and I know it'll pass and tomorrow will be another better day. I'm also £121.33 better off which isn't too shabby so I think I'll treat myself to a bottle of wine and a take away tonight.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 2

No, when I was a smoker I wouldn't have wanted to talk about someone else's successful quit. That would have been uncomfortable on so many different levels. Great for you that you're succeeding, Jack! The feelings you're having now, you're right, will pass. The benefits of keeping quit will expand and endure. KTQ!

• Like 1

It's a funny thing with friends and family. Non smokers are very supportive and ask how it's going (even though I actually don't want to talk about it, talk about ANYTHING else but my stopping smoking lol!!!) but smokers tend to be sceptical, I wouldn't say non-supportive and I wouldn't say envious certainly surprised that I'm now 12 days in. Strangely THEY don't want talk about my quit either which suits me just fine lol

I am actually suffering a bit today for the first time in my quit so coming here and unloading is helping, I'm trying to keep busy and I know it'll pass and tomorrow will be another better day. I'm also £121.33 better off which isn't too shabby so I think I'll treat myself to a bottle of wine and a take away tonight.

Thanks for listening.

Don't worry ..as your quit progresses..the jealousy will come..

Coming here and letting it all out..is great..we understand more than anyone...that monster can show up ,when you least expect it..

Treats are very important tool in a quit..after all what your doing is life changing and should be rewarded...

Keep marchin jack ...

It's probably for the best that you remain somewhat detached from the opinions of smokers early in your quit.  In some cases smokers have been known to display that old "crab mentality" towards quitters.  I've talked about it before here, but crabs in a bucket could escape from the bucket.  However, if one crab does try to escape, the other crabs will expend more energy pulling that crab back into the bucket than they will trying to escape themselves.  

When someone feels trapped yet continues to make excuses for staying trapped, seeing someone else attain freedom in the same situation challenges them and their self-defeating worldview.

Just stay in your lane and keep doing what you're doing Jack.

• Like 3

I'm fine Doreen but thanks for the support. I've been here before with a previous 3 year quit so I think it is helping me knowing what to expect. I know there are some tough times ahead but I also know I can overcome them and that things do get better also as with my last quit my teeth really hurt (a bit weird I know lol ) but this has stopped now so all is good.

• Like 2

Stilll hanging in there

Some days you hang in there.  Other days you soar like an eagle.  The process pays huge dividends as you get more time under your belt.

Good work Jack.  Let the high times carry the low.

Sounds like you have learned lessons from your previous quit, which is a really big bonus in making this one permanent! This quitting thing does really strange things to our bodies. I can believe virtually anything about changes that happen which people would not think could be an effect from quitting smoking. The affects seem to vary a lot from person to person. The good news is, in the end, it all balances out eventually :)

I got nauseated many days since my quit w/o champix. Although I've heard it's a symptom of quitting unsure of the reason. I used peppermint to settle my tummy. Hope it goes away soon & don't cause too much discomfort! Keep on keeping on & stay buckled up! You are doing fantastic, feel awesome & should be so happy w/your progress! It's just the beginning of a great smoke-free journey & an awesome life!

• Like 1