Good morning, Doreen and Happy Anniversary!!

Nancy

Good morning!  I wanted this to greet you as you woke up to your 4th anniversary of quitting.  You have taken your personal battle and used it to inspire so many and I know you have saved lives.  Thank you so much for all you do for others.

In addition, you are spicy and fun, cheeky and entertaining.  We are all truly blessed to have you in our lives. So very, very grateful to count you as a friend.  Love you to the moon and back!  And many of us remember you as our dear Ollie....

Edited by Nancy
  • Like 8

Doreen, today is a day to celebrate YOU and YOUR victorious quit! Congratulations dear Doreen and sincere thanks for all the support you've given me since I showed up here. You do so much for this community. Wish I could bake you a cake and deliver it to your doorstep. ((Doreen))

• Like 1

Happy 4 years mammy. So so pleased you and your tootsies are with us. You're such a beautiful soul and have been a support on my own journey too. I want you to know this board celebrates you every day really but especially today. Love you. xx

• Like 2

Happy 4th anniversary, Doreen !!!

Above all others here, you are one who truely inspires. No only among us who post, but I am confident you have saved the health of countless who are lurking in the shadows. Your words speak volumes !!!

Congrats on your day! You deserve an extra special reward today

• Like 1

Doreen, four-years of freedom is a huge accomplishment.  Something to be very proud of.  Your successful quit is just the tip of the iceberg though.  As you marched your way to freedom, "one foot in front of the other", you've shown the way to all of us who came along after you.  With optimistic encouragement and sound advice, you are a steady hand on the wheel for every doubtful and hesitant newbie just starting their journey.  Usually it's a nudge in the right direction, or if someone really goes off the rails, we all know you wield a mean frying pan.  Whatever it takes, you champion every quitter who hops on the Train.

Both here and in your personal life, you give so much of yourself helping others.  That good old Liverpool fighting spirit always shines through and you manage to keep us laughing the entire time.  You are a sage, matriarch, jester, and loyal friend all rolled into one damn fine lady.

Congratulations again and thank you so much for everything you do here.

• Like 2

Horney Toad. Nice selfie. Had to place the phone all over my body and put it on vibrate so it felt like real kisses.

You are an inspiration to a lot of people and I believe the untold number would believe God made this one of your traits for his purpose.

Funny and naughty is how I would definitely label you. Firm with some and support to others. Your counting skills suck monkey balls. When we have the next get together in Mousetown I hope to see you (and grope smarti again).

You must be royalty with Queen of Scotland burrito showing up early. And Nancy probably peeing her pants as she couldn't wait for today. Also El-stupido Bat was up early. Booger and his tardo brother probably passed out by now

• Like 4

wonderful.jpg

Congratulations Doreen, for 4 years you have been an inspiration and a tower of strength to so many, the qualities and your devotion to this board and its members are truly incredible, I adore you and am so proud of you mammy xxx

• Like 2

Congratulations Doreen on reaching your 4th Year of quitting Smoking!This in itself is an awesome achievement but to have helped and mentored so many others along the way makes it even more special. I want to personally thank you for all the help and encouragement you have give me along the way. I can't imagine this place without you - you are a very special lady and so invested in each and every one of us on this board. I hope you enjoy your celebration today - you deserve it & then some so pamper yourself in an absolutely Royal fashion :)

hsro68.jpg

• Like 1

As some will remember, when Doreen first joined the forum she was not the picture posting expert she is now.  Nancy came to her rescue and gave Doreen her first avatar / profile picture, that of a beautiful blue butterfly.  I still think of her that way.  It was an inspired choice.  The butterfly effect is the concept that small causes can have large effects.  A tiny change in initial conditions will produce a different outcome.  This is especially true for non-linear systems such as life.  I’m fairly certain that this was Nancy’s thinking.  Famously this effect is seen in weather forecast models.  The motion of butterfly wings can change the direction of a tornado.  Not taking one puff (how small a thing is a puff) changed the direction of Doreen’s life - the butterfly effect.  Happy four years Doreen!

• Like 3

well-done-mrs-doyle-o.gif

I have posted the picture above..because it sums up just how ,after 4years I feel about kicking this horrible addiction

I came to the forum.. Grasping for anything or anyone willing to help...God gave me Nancy.!!!!

Nancy set me up and running..and I carnt thank her enough...

I reolized after a few months of learning and listening ,that quitting was possible...

I love to see a newbie arrive ,lost like me ,find thier own freedom...

I live and see every day..what chaos smoking can cause.. And the damage to families it can do...

If I can help that one person ..to avoid that misery ..I will feel satisfied..and have served a purpose ...

But all this would not have happened if it were not for you guys..

I love you all...you are all different characters..

I have cried with some here..when a friend hurts ..I hurt...

But most of the time ,I come here and know I will have a giggle or two...and this brightens my day...

Sooo...it's yourselves you should be honouring today...without you ,I wouldn't be here...

Thank you everyone..going for five !!!!!!

Xxxxxxx

• Like 11

To one of the nicest souls on this planet. (Almost) TOO nice for this very forum.

Not many people out there these days, that take such enjoyment looking out for others more than themselves.

That does not go unnoticed Doreen.

Happy 4 Years you little Tallywacker. I'm right behind you!

• Like 4

Happy 4th Anniversary you help inspire us.........  Does it feel like 4 years already.

Dee ..we watch every month pass ..just trying to get to that lido deck that waits for us to say..

YES I made it...

But believe me ,then the years just wizz by..does it feel like 4 yrs...no way..it's gone in a blink of a eye..xx

• Like 1