Shape of the World

bakon

Oblong and bent .....

Post a thought or two of what's going on in your life. Anything which is occupying your thoughts or time. Not just you got bug bites on your balls either. Like the following

Figuring I am five years from retirement and moving to Florida. Reading some books on both subjects and checking out the finances as for when certain obligations will be done.

Secondly I am looking at all things as "do I want to move this to Florida" or leave behind. Will it last five years, do I need to replace or wait till then for a new one. First item I looked at was wife. Figure she is a keeper. Other items keeping are toolbox, motorcycle and stash of National Geographic with the topless ladies.

• Like 3

So...I quit smoking and started this whole health and fitness kick.  I feel good physically, but find myself spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about optimal sleep and bowel movements.  I feel younger, but think older.  And what's with these damn kids today?!?  With their haircuts and yeah, yeah, yeah music...

I'm also in the process of eliminating some less important things in my life.  I've been dabbling in a lot of stuff over the last year, but not really focusing on anything.

• Like 3

I have to think working out is way over rated. Most people loose weight by diet. I work out all winter and not so much in summer. Too much else to do. No time. Healthy eating is the bosses realm. She got me on a half diet because I don't listen all the way

So nobody else is shaping the world around them?

• Like 1

Ok..

Since I quit...

I feel 20 years younger... I have all this energy...don't need to diet..eat very healthy..bowels okey dokey...

But...

Without sounding mean...I want to have fun...go places....

I only hope I still have the time and the will..

Being a full time carer for someone is hard...you love this person..but..you have to live a life too...

There has to be me time...while I still have my body and brain intact...

• Like 1

There is your goal. Now a plan... anyone to watch him for a weekend? Week? If not then he got to go with or go in a home for a week. Live.

Your plan is of course going to need multiple steps but anything is possible.

• Like 3

Thank you Bakon...

I am trying to get things in place ..for regular respites...the NH...is very slow..and things take for ever..

But..this is my goal..

My biggest problem is..he wants to be with me all the time..and makes me feel guilty...

My next goal...don't feel guilty ...

• Like 1

One big happy family.. How can we help ????...cabbage soup maybe ...

There's no issue with my movements insofar as regularity is concerned.  I've just been reading about the importance of gut health and want to produce healthy poop.  If after I pop a squat I can say to myself "that's a good bowel movement right there" it leaves me feeling satisfied.

I'm beginning to think I'm too comfortable here.  Sharing way too much information.

I have to think working out is way over rated. Most people loose weight by diet.

For those attempting to lose weight, you can't outwork a bad diet.  On the other hand, I think working out is underrated.  If done correctly and for the right reasons, exercise is the gift that keeps on giving.

Without sounding mean...I want to have fun...go places....

I only hope I still have the time and the will..

Being a full time carer for someone is hard...you love this person..but..you have to live a life too...

I watched my aunt go through a similar situation when my uncle had ALS.  In spite of the fact that she went above and beyond to care for him, she felt guilty anytime she did something just for herself.  

I wish I had some profound insight, but I would just say: make time to take care of yourself as well Doreen.  No reason to feel guilty, you've more than earned a bit of time for yourself.

• Like 1

There's no issue with my movements insofar as regularity is concerned. I've just been reading about the importance of gut health and want to produce healthy poop. If after I pop a squat I can say to myself "that's a good bowel movement right there" it leaves me feeling satisfied.

I'm beginning to think I'm too comfortable here. Sharing way too much information.

Oh you and my daughter would sooooo hit it off...she analysis poop too...always talks about the gut..

Her body is a temple ...so to speak....she always questioning me..

We are what we eat...

Thanks boo...for the kind words..I'm a tough nut...and keep bouncing back...

• Like 1

The past few years have been quite stressful, starting a new life in France was part of that after the death of both my parents in a short space of time.  We have spent the last few years trying to build up this holiday accommodation business (which has taken all our money) and I do translation work as and when I can get it.  But money is tight....we struggle.

I would just like to stop having to worry about money for a few days, spend a day doing nothing and not feeling guilty, and stop worrying that everything isn't perfect and accept it is good enough.  I am a terrible perfectionist and feel a failure a lot of the time.  I am a glass half empty person, I would like to be a glass half full person.

Baby steps....

• Like 3

Since I quit, I've been having some challenging health situations- the colonoscopy disaster and also I en been having intermittent heart palpitations which are scary and puzzling. The comforting thing is my primary care MD isn't alarmed about it and also I've been working out like a fiend since quitting and it never happens when my heart rate is elevated- only at rest. After 2 (normal) EKGs, numerous blood tests and a chest X-ray, nothing conclusive.

Despite all this, overall I do feel better having quit and if I were still smoking I'd be terrified. My more "zen" non-smoking self is taking it day by day, focusing on the positives and not catastrophizing.

I'm with Bakon that working out doesn't do much for weight loss; diet is far more important. Exercise in combination with a healthy diet is a winning combination.

Keeping the faith; keeping the quit!!! Best wishes to all for the same!

• Like 2

The world is bent but not broken.

I'm moving as well.  Not sure when or where exactly but I'm throwing in the towel on this big beautiful place.  I'll be checking out one of my pick cities in Sept.  I'm getting rid of so much stuff; amazed how much junk we accumulate.

After 10 years of silence, I got a note from my ex.  That's been occupying my thoughts. ......idk, surreal.

I want a new chair at work.  Been thinking of that too.

• Like 2

The world is getting smaller...

Nicky had to get a flight from Canberra to Sydney or Melbourne..to fly to Singapore..then on to England..

Canberra has now started a flight straight to Singapore..this will knock off at least 5 hrs off her long journey..

Most of it sitting around the airport's...1 month to go..

She has booked a airport hotel room ..to have a good sleep .so hopefully all this will help the fatigue...

We estimate roughly 36 hrs after leaving her home..

Bigfoot back in the 48

Horney toad- as for feeling guilty- line from a show I watch. "I am not doing this to you, I am doing this for me."

Reptard- long time gym guy and owner of the place told me 90 percent diet. 10 percent gym. But understand the mind in your thoughts

Peace and pump- both know what you need. Quit thinking so much. Relax. Line from the Bible. God takes care of the birds. Feeds them. How much more does he care about you?

• Like 1

OK so an addendum to my previous post about body challenges: forgot to mention that I had a tooth extraction scheduled for today. Oh, joy! But ya know what? It wasn't that bad. I just laid back and accepted what was happening (weird sounds, pressure, some drilling, which I detest but accepted all the same and didn't go into wishing it wasn't happening) and it was over in 10-15 minutes- after getting numb of course.

Even now that the novocaine has worn off, it really isn't that bad. Just like this experience, I'm finding that just accepting that there will be times I want to smoke, it's no big deal... Really not that bad. I've been able to just let that feeling be there and it seems to help it dissipate more quickly than if I fight against it, question it, ask myself how much longer I'm going to feel that way. Just letting it be, accepting myself and how I feel has made it... Not so bad.

BTW, this is the same principle used in EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) tapping. This technique is a way of moving through difficult emotions by tapping on energy meridians (same ones that are used in acupuncture) that effect your emotions and at the same time stating the emotional issue and acceptance of yourself, I'm well aware this kind of thing is not everyone's bailiwick but If you're interested in learning more about it, you can go to www.emofree.com.

• Like 1

Glad to hear your trip to the dentist wasn't as bad as you thought..our minds are really our worst enemy...

I will be checking EFT..I'm one of those folks who just have to go and have a look ,and maybe a try ..when someone mentions something I've not heard of...

It just might be the one good thing you have been looking for...x

• Like 1

Work sucks since big company bought the place I work. Went from 3 employees to over 100. Maybe quit and open up a T shirt shack down in the Bahamas or move to Pittsburgh PA and become a cop. Well, about 3 years to go so going to stay put where I am at if I can last 3 years.

Wish aliens were real and scare the hell out of the world so the world can get our sheet together.

• Like 3

I will leave the National Geographic magazines here with you if you do

Hard to get a job anywhere with the felony egg stealing label. Should be able to hide in the crowd for three years if label licking has grown to 100

• Like 1