Quitting is VERY HARD

Jewel

NRT..works well for alot of people..as long as you stick to the programme ..your aim is to be nicotine free..

Some say it the same as taking a plaster of slow..it best to pull it off in one quick pull...

Do whats best for you jewel...as long as you get to the lido deck for the big party..

Your stronger than you think..look how far you have come..x

Your quit is hard because you are still using nicotine. Sorry to say but those programs are also designed to sell you the product. Rip off the bandaid. Quit all nicotine and you will feel better in a week.

• Like 1

Jewel, you know your own body better than anyone but in my experience, it's nicotine that gave me anxiety. At one point in the past, I tried vaping but the nicotine I was getting in the e-cig was more than what I was getting in cigarettes so I got panic attacks. Tossed the e-cig in the garbage.

I agree with Bakon that the problem is you're constantly in withdrawal using NRT. I wonder how you'd feel after 3 days completely clean... maybe nicotine is the real cause of your high anxiety. I don't know how much you smoked but maybe you're getting even more nicotine between the patch and lozenges.

• Like 1

Definitely want to make to the big party on EZ Street! Guess around this time, I feel beaten up somewhat & really want to relax or feel 'normal'. Not sure what to stop or start except try to eat right, drink more water & get more rest. I'll keep on keeping on!

I have followed these boards for almost five years and slept in a Holiday Inn. I am an expert on this. NRT is good for getting through a period of time but when a struggle still after a month.. It's usually the problem. Throw the patch away. Strap on and ride it out for a week or two...you will be happier

• Like 1

Hello! Hope everyone has had a great day!

It's been a rough couple of days for me, especially today! Let me rephrase my title to 'life is challenging learning to live without smoking!

I've successfully made through what I consider some of the hardest days of my life w/o smoking! I've never experienced the amount of anxiety, nervous energy, confusion & other unpleasant feelings that have affected me both mentally & physically! I've never experienced the level of anxiety that have become part of daily life.

The detox & dealing w/life w/o cigarettes, my crutch is what's hard...

• Like 2

Keep marchin Jewel..

One day you will suddenly reolize it was better for you..and continue too feel your quit is something you cherish..

Trust us..it will happen...

Did you consider what Bakon touched on...you might be getting more nicotine..than when you smoked...

Maybe a visit to your doctor...?????.....

Good day! I'm very pleased with not smoking & have cut back on the nicotine patches.

I also had some blood work indicating issues that cause symptoms similar to what I'm going through.

I've always been small & recently underweight & I'm not use to eating all day or craving sweets. I'm use to eating whatever i want & as much of it as i want! Hopefully I'll get off the nicotine & my eating will adjust soon. According to Dr, I need no sugar, all fruit/veggie diet & no processed food. My diet will need major modifications.

Hopefully I'll be on the happy non smoking road soon w/no nicotine.

Thanks everyone, you've been great support & very helpful!

• Like 4

Thank you so much Doreen! You are the Best & have helped me more than you know! All of you have! Thanks for responding not only to me but others! This site, your posts & just being here is helpful! ♥♥

• Like 1

Thank you so much Doreen! You are the Best & have helped me more than you know! All of you have! Thanks for responding not only to me but others! This site, your posts & just being here is helpful! ♥♥

Thank you sweetheart....

You're the one who is owning this fabulous quit..I'm just here to help you along your journey...

Let's get you to the lido deck..i,ll have a chair and a glass of wine waiting...just make sure you get there xxx

• Like 1

Glad to hear you have some positive direction from the Dr. that should help you along physically. Remember to use some deep breathing when anxiety gets the better of you. It may help with that. Remain focused on the positive things you have accomplished so far as well. You have been a non smoker for over a month now :) That's the best gift you could have possibly given yourself. Keep reading here and even re-read things to help keep them fresh in your mind. Now that you are this far along your quit path, having and keeping a positive attitude is very important and, it's something you can actually choose to do for yourself. Keep fighting Jewel - you're doing great :)

• Like 1

Awesome job read through your posts....every quit is individualistic and it looks like you are doing a good job winning this fight. You can win and everything will equalize eventually as far as eating and such...you body is adjusting and healing after years of damage.

Keep it up nice

Very long night & many strong cravings today! I could use some basic staying quit ideas please. Read, deep breath, distraction, drink water & discuss w/someone &... How did you stay quit?

Always think of the issues you had with smoking like hacking up a lung or being breathless going upstairs...you don't want that or to get that. For me I did not want to start over because I was not sure if I would. I came to a message board and worked it out, I bitched, I moaned, I supported others going through it at the same time I was. You keep moving forward and do what is working for you. You got this. It is only hard for a moment than take a deep breathe and distract. I also used salty and sweet snacks, tried to keep it as healthy as I could.

You got this!!!!

Lisa

• Like 2