SOS

Lyn4Life

Oh I'm finding it so hard right now :(

I want one more cig

The thoughts are consuming me

I know I can't have one and will do everything I can to stop thinking about it !!!

How long does it take to get to the point where you don't want one and don't think about it...3 months???

I can promise that you will get to a place where smoking is no longer an issue.  It's a slow process though.  Smoking was such a huge part of our lives that it takes some time for our brains to wrap around life without it.  

What can you do to try to keep from smoking today?  Go for a walk, take a shower, have a cold glass of water?  Anything but smoke.  Someone told me once that a craving will go away whether I smoke or not.  It's true.  It will pass.

• Like 1

What made you want to quit smoking? 

I cried for several months when I first quit.  It was horrible.  I didn't think I could do it, but my friends here told me I could. YOU can too!  Freedom is so awesome!   

Today I took my daughter and her friend swimming.  Before I quit this would have been stressful because I would not be able to smoke.  I would have tried to find a place to hide to get a few puffs in.  That was no life.  Always wanting to get my fix.  At the expense of living my life.  

Help, just remember that the only way that feeling is going to go away permanently is if you DON'T smoke. If you give in, you'll be starting the addiction cycle all over again and no long after that, you'll be desperate for another one. Maybe it would be helpful to listen to some of the Joel videos in the library or maybe it would be better to focus on something else- taking a bath or a walk or something. You'll know what's best. Most importantly, don't forget your commitment to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF! It's the only road to freedom. You can do this!!!!

• Like 1

Help, you are very early in your quit.  It takes some time before you go long periods of time without thinking of smoking.  However, it should get a little easier each month.  Hang in there!  You're doing great and easier days will be here before you know it!!!   :)

• Like 2

I was once told H...it's OK to wobble... Just make sure you don't fall over...

I smoked 5 decades..so quitting was never going to be a walk in the park..it does get easier ..but this can be different for each person..

Don't over think.....take it steady..one minute at a time if need be...

Do anything...kick,scream..sing at the top of your voice..just don't smoke..

Your stronger than you think..your winning your battles..soon enough the war will be won...

• Like 2

Hope you're doing a little better today HN! This is a tough battle, the early days of quitting but it can be done with enough determination and the belief that better days are ahead and, indeed they are if you just don't smoke. Things do get easier - not harder. It just doesn't happen as quickly as we'd like but it Does happen for everyone.

• Like 1

Hi H..

So pleased to hear you have had a better day..this is great news..

Filling in your time reading here and cooking ..great way to pass the hours...

You won that battle ..feel proud...

Your battles will get easier...and fewer ..as you travel this journey...xx

Thank you...I do feel proud of myself for getting past it.

I had a real battle in my mind, screaming for a ciggy. But did not give in to it.

Went out for a very long walk today, then spent the rest of the day cooking.

Deep breathing really does help too.

• Like 3

May I suggest a name change now. Something stronger. Stand up. You earned to be known as something better here. Your name was good for starting out and pointing to others you want help, but soon you will be giving advise so Tiger is better. Or Horney Toad. Anything you want including your real name like Sonic does.

• Like 6

QiGong is the best!  Thanks, Doreen, for sharing this video.  Lee Holden is a good instructor and you're right- this a great place to start.  These 10 minutes make a big difference in how you feel for the rest of the day.

I couldn't do yoga...so when I found this I was very happy...

The only trouble is its not as popular in Liverpool as yoga...yoga,yoga,everywhere...

I do a Saturday class...and during the week.. you tube...

I have a couple of Lee Holden's video,s...

So glad you liked it ...x