Heading into day three

Wow slept like a baby which surprised me. Went to bed at midnight and slept ten hours. Felt good Too.

Chest is very tight,short of breath and started coughing...something I never had when smoking. Must mean the healing process has begun? Still having problems with that morning cigarette so noped and here I am posting to get my mind off of smoking.

I am going to get busy and clean the house like a crazy woman. Still low energy even after that long sleep I had.

Sorry Just rambling but just got my mind off that wake up and have a cigarette moment. Posting helps. So off to get something accomplished and to read some more here. Still learning my way around.

• Like 4

welcome to day 3 Bernadette!!  

I remember feeling so tired in the beginning...and also just wanted to sleep my withdraw away.

Glad you are keeping busy too.  Great job....nicotine is almost completely out of your system!!

It's all mental strategies from here

• Like 3

I agree ,take pleasure in knowing you are nicotine free...after so many years.. ???

Well done..a great feeling..I was the opposite didn't sleep at all..I was her 24/7...

It does settle...your body ..is a little confused just now ..x

• Like 2

Good job B! I expect you'll have the cleanest place in town when you're done lol. You feel free to come on here and ramble till your fingers fall off - we love it! Remember, we have all been exactly where you are now and we love to see someone winning their personal battles with nicotine. The symptoms you're experiencing are pretty common. Your lungs need to clean the crap out. The tiredness could be attributed to just the stress on your body going through these early days. I know I was pretty wiped out early on in my quit too in fact, I was just drained by the end of the day and happy to hit the bed each night :)

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. Yes Doreen about the sleep issue. I have read about not being able to sleep. That is why I was so surprised that I slept that long. But I do anticipate somewhere down the line not being able to sleep may occur. I did get me some Tylenol pm just in case. Can't seem to shake this horrible feeling no matter what I do. Coffee is making me nauseous so switching to green tea today. Oh this is rough. Not going to smoke but just hate this feeling. Going to go soak in the tub for awhile and then watch some videos.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone. Yes Doreen about the sleep issue. I have read about not being able to sleep. That is why I was so surprised that I slept that long. But I do anticipate somewhere down the line not being able to sleep may occur. I did get me some Tylenol pm just in case. Can't seem to shake this horrible feeling no matter what I do. Coffee is making me nauseous so switching to green tea today. Oh this is rough. Not going to smoke but just hate this feeling. Going to go soak in the tub for awhile and then watch some videos.

It's funny same addiction ,but we find quitting so different between us...

I had nice long baths with fragrance candles ..very relaxing...I know we keep saying ..it does get better..

But it really does.. Fight your way through it..

One day you will suddenly notice.. You have felt good that day..

I drank alot of boiled water with a slice of lemon...still do...good for the inside...as well as the outside...

Keep posting..were here to help ...xxx

• Like 2

Oh this is rough. Not going to smoke but just hate this feeling. 

Foggy mind.  Obsessive thoughts about smoking.  A general malaise.  Yep, those first few days are interesting.  But, the payoff is sweet and lasts much longer than the initial challenge.

"Tough times don't last.  Tough people do."

• Like 3

One day at a time..

Your doing great Berni.... ;)

You will go through a bunch of changes, but each one is for the better...there are no bad effects from quitting smoking...only good!

I too cut down on coffee... I used to drink 3 or 4 POTS,...yes I said pots, a day. (12 cups per pot) once I quit smoking, I found that the coffee had a WAY to much of an effect on me... I seriously now drink MAYBE 4 CUPS a day.. (sometimes as few as 2).. Maybe I should include that cost in my savings from quitting nicotine...lol

Your doing great, just stay focused!

• Like 2

One day at a time..

You will go through a bunch of changes, but each one is for the better...there are no bad effects from quitting smoking...only good!

I too cut down on coffee... I used to drink 3 or 4 POTS,...yes I said pots, a day. (12 cups per pot) once I quit smoking, I found that the coffee had a WAY to much of an effect on me... I seriously now drink MAYBE 4 CUPS a day.. (sometimes as few as 2).. Maybe I should include that cost in my savings from quitting nicotine...lol

What !!!

36 plus coffee a day...wow...coffee addiction.lol..mind you..I could easy have eaten 36 sausages LOL..

• Like 1

"That feeling" sucks...sucks bad... but it is sooooooo worth it... promise.

I thought about it as being sick and when the sickness is over.. you will feel sooooo much better.

KEEP FIGHTING!!!!!

• Like 3

One day at a time..

Holy shitburgers... that is alot of coffee!!!

• Like 3

That caffeine will affect you differently now. Maybe swop and change between regular and decaf coffee? Other then that, keep marching. You are healing beautifully and take the win of sleep if it comes, all good news.  You're doing so great. xx

• Like 2