You can quit !!!!..you don't have to die a smoker !!!!

I am back on here starting my journey again. You know what is the hardest part for me has been these last few weeks of smoking then not smoking has been? Myself not keeping my word. I say "this will be my last one" and then a few hours later, I would have one. I don't understand why I kept doing that to myself. I had my last cigarette and I don't want to have another.... I am truly hoping this time, I will keep my bottom line...

• Like 4

I am back on here starting my journey again. You know what is the hardest part for me has been these last few weeks of smoking then not smoking has been? Myself not keeping my word. I say "this will be my last one" and then a few hours later, I would have one. I don't understand why I kept doing that to myself. I had my last cigarette and I don't want to have another.... I am truly hoping this time, I will keep my bottom line...

I remember doing that, and then I kept my promise. You can too.

• Like 4

So glad to see you back..you can do this..

Read all the newbie stuff on the main page..they have a green symbol...

Tons of info ..to get you going..

Stay close..very close..and fight...your much stronger than that nico monster...

• Like 1

Good to see you getting right back to your quit. You can do this if you truly want it badly enough to never take another puff. Make a list of the reasons you want to quit and keep it handy so you can look at it every time you are tempted to smoke. Post up a thread in the SOS section under "pre-respond to your own SOS". Tell yourself why you should never light up again. Something meaningful to you. That way, if you feel you're about to give in, go there and read it. Remind yourself why quitting is important to you!

Develop a tool box of distraction activities you can employ in the early days. Binge watch videos, NetFlix, TV whatever. Go for a walk, take a shower, do whatever you need to to keep yourself from lighting up. Most of all, make a commitment to yourself. You want to quit more than you want to smoke!

• Like 2

The reason we kept doing that to ourselves is called addiction.  We let our addiction call the shots for far too long.  We decided that was no way to live.  We changed course and took back control in our lives.

Hope is not a bad thing.  However, commitment is the key.  You have all the control.  Nicotine and cigarettes only have what power you give them.

Onward and upward Holly.

• Like 4