I cant believe i used to smoke.

Stewie

Just this thought to share with you wondering if anyone else feel this same thing. I look at people smoking and i cant believe that i used to be like that. Seems so unbelievable now. wow

• Like 6

Yep.

I remind myself to stay vigilant to some extent...that whole once an addict, always an addict business.  However, I'm at a point that I can't even imagine smoking a cigarette again.  Under any circumstance.  

The nicotine withdrawal is long in the rearview now.  Any romanticizing of smoking has been nixed.  Any belief in the cigarette that I ever held has been lost.  D-O-N-E!

• Like 6

I'm on an antibiotic for a sinus infection and cough. First time since around 2009 that I've had to do so. As I was feeling like ick, I was so thankful that I quit smoking because I wondered how bad this infection might have/could have been. All I know is that the 45,000 cigarettes that could have been in my lungs, weren't and for that I'm very, very greatful. Still on the mend and I'm not so nieave to think this could be much, much worse. Now, I can simply chalk it up to part of doing business on planet earth. :)

• Like 9

I can, because I've quite before. Once for more than 2 years. I had it licked and all it took was one smoke to get hooked for another 10 years before I decided to quit again.

I can believe it because I believe there is always a chance I can relapse. I'm confident with my quit and have no intention of ever smoking again, but to think it could never happen again is both smug and dangerous.

My .02

• Like 5

I also had a few years then went back so I don't want to be cocky about it. I know how easy it is to fall back to old behavior. I too will stay vigilant! Glad not to be actively addicted at this point in my life. Grateful feeling very grateful

• Like 3

I flit between these two ways of thinking:

Sometimes I forget that I was ever a smoker

I can't believe I managed to quit smoking

Either way, I'm happy and I've never really felt a sense of pride in myself before like I do now with my quit. :) Happy Happy Happy

• Like 2