Emotions

Tink

No not emicons  :rolleyes:  :P  :D 

Emotions, those feelings we get good and bad and those I felt many times were a danger to my quit, Anger, sadness, grief even happiness

You see my emotions controlled my brain, because I let them! I was often caught up in the moment whatever moment that was and sometimes it seemed pretty easy to use that moment and that emotion to throw my quit away, it could be justified right?

Wrong you know what would of been harder than just dealing with that emotion or situation and that`s having to start mine or your quit all over again.....

and guess what when all is said and done, whatever made your emotion spike in you is still going to be there if you smoke through it or not, but if you don`t then your quit is safe, you are healthier, have more money, smell nicer and feel good about yourself and any other reason you quit in the first place and your quit just got stronger, because you made it through.

Emotion by definition is a "feeling in motion" which means its moving and will pass, so the next time your emotions are trying to get in and control your brain, remember one simple sentence that saved me many a time..............

THIS SOON WILL PASS

Breath through it, walk, run, scream, shout, hit a pillow, kick the grass, drink some water, post an SOS, whatever it takes

THIS SOON WILL PASS

congratulations on all your quits, it is truly an awesome thing you have done  :D 

• Like 8

Wise words Tracey.

Anyone who quit on 22 November is awesome in my book!

LOL - that's great. 11/22 for both of you - nice :)

Yes, this is a very important message for newbies (and I consider myself to be one still). I had a particularly difficult time saving my quit about 1.5 months in and learned this lesson first hand by just not giving in but it was very tempting and very close. All because, like Pearlie said, smoking through emotional situations for so many years we don't really know how to handle them without smoking once we quit. We all know those situations will still be there whether we smoke or not, it's just hard to adjust at first. Once you do adjust though, you learn that it is possible to deal with these things and not smoke. Yes, the way it always was before we started smoking - go figure!

• Like 1

No not emicons  :rolleyes:  :P  :D 

Emotions, those feelings we get good and bad and those I felt many times were a danger to my quit, Anger, sadness, grief even happiness

You see my emotions controlled my brain, because I let them! I was often caught up in the moment whatever moment that was and sometimes it seemed pretty easy to use that moment and that emotion to throw my quit away, it could be justified right?

Wrong you know what would of been harder than just dealing with that emotion or situation and that`s having to start mine or your quit all over again.....

and guess what when all is said and done, whatever made your emotion spike in you is still going to be there if you smoke through it or not, but if you don`t then your quit is safe, you are healthier, have more money, smell nicer and feel good about yourself and any other reason you quit in the first place and your quit just got stronger, because you made it through.

Emotion by definition is a "feeling in motion" which means its moving and will pass, so the next time your emotions are trying to get in and control your brain, remember one simple sentence that saved me many a time..............

THIS SOON WILL PASS

Breath through it, walk, run, scream, shout, hit a pillow, kick the grass, drink some water, post an SOS, whatever it takes

THIS SOON WILL PASS

congratulations on all your quits, it is truly an awesome thing you have done  :D 

So great to hear from you again...big hugs!

Great post..and yes really good to see you here..

When I first heard ..take smoking off the table no matter what !!!

My brain finally understand something to grab hold of...

No matter what I was feeling day by day...

It's taking time for me to adjust to strong emotions. I'm sure it's just a time thing. I know quitting is the right thing so whatever comes with that is incidental to my quit. I feel more now. that's it. I feel more and have to learn other ways to deal with this.

• 2 weeks later...

In a sense yes, I guess you are. Quitting is a process that happens very gradually and in the beginning, it can be a bit of a roller coaster ride. Up days, down days abound in the early part of your quit. That smooths out the further you get into your quit but, in those early volatile days, remembering that the uncomfortable times are just temporary does help us deal with the better (this too shall pass).

• Like 1