How to cope with the after effects of smoking down the line

The main problem with smoking is that addiction drives people to kill and maim themselves. The addiction is first and the maiming is later..

and sequela of addiction down the road for those who succeed to get away from that, to break the cycle of addiction once and for all...

well that's the main concern of forums like quittrain.com deal with

but there are other issues... especially if you think about how to avoid the negative sequela of smoking down the line...

So here's OTM's advise:

Wear sunscreen on your face every day if you can with zinc oxide. It is not just the wrinkles but age spots, ghastly complexion, collagen draining .. the combination of sun damage and smoking... one is already enough, two is truly too much.

You will see it after you turn 50 especially if you are woman.  You will look in the mirror and see that you have smoked. It will be there foro the rest of your life.

Men have thicker and more resiliant skin (about 20% thicker), but this is for both men and women..

Do yourself a big favor and protect your face especially from the sun every day... with sun screen or mineral sunscreen powder that has zinc oxide.  Be sure it avoid any substances that have been recently determined to be toxic to humans or to reefs or to the planet generally.

• Like 1

Nina the Quitter posted this in a different thread. I don't know how to quote it here properly... these are sound words for whenever a person is having an addiction crises, no matter how early or late it happens in the quit:

Pre Respond to your own SOS

photo-thumb-2632.jpg?_r=1494049745 Posted by Nina the Quitter on 06 May 2017 - 10:20 AM in The S.O.S. Board

Hang in there, you are tougher than this.

Remember all the times you had to go to the store because you were out of cigarette.

Remember making your friends and family wait for you, while you smoked a cigarette, before you got in the car, after a meal at the restaurant, before getting on a flight.

Remember having to find a place to smoke.  Walking long ways at the hospital because you had to get off the property completely, then having to smoke two in a row because it took so long to get to the smoking place.  All the while Mum was in her room waiting for you to get back.

Remember missing moments because you had to find someplace to smoke.

Remember thinking and planning about when and where you could smoke for every occasion, road trips, plane trips, movies.

Take a look at all the money you have saved.

OTM

Now make a present for yourself... like this one example:

I smoked at least 3/4 pack a day at $14.50 CAN which is $326 a month. Devote a fraction of that money to yourself.. on presents to yourself. Now $326 a month is (ok get ready for this) $3915 a year. So now make a decision, what is the fraction you are going to spend on yourself. Be generous. 

I decided to spend it on benefitting my health from all the damage that smoking did.  That's things like good walking sticks, the right gear.. a gym membership, physio even a monthly massage can get in under that budget. 

About the skin damage from smoking. I meant to say it isn't only wrinkles, or indeed age spots, it's the whole complexion and the breakdown of collagen support. I am experiencing real results with rf frequency treatment for collagen regeneration.. I had a terrible pallor also after chemotherapy. 

I'm one of those middle age people whose life expectancy went up considerably from one year to the next. Because i got an xray after I quit smoking and found out i had lung cancer.

Get a ct-scan if you can, or if not get a chest xray. You might be one of those like me and a few others I know whose life will be saved.

14.50*3/4*30

Search Results

Ans = 326.25