Jules. !!!!

its actually going quite well, cant say its been perfect, and as you may know I have had the odd little relapse, but in all honesty I am not upset with myself for that. I want to quit, and I am quitting. The reasons for quitting are there. I feel much better already. I just need to get over the odd little relapse every few days, but small steps I suppose.

• Like 1

Jules sweetie..

While you are still having one every now again ..you are still hooked...

You are still a smoker...you are not quitting..you have just cut right down..so ..let's see ..

Re read Allen Carr....watch all the video,S .

Take the daily pledge...take smoking off the table ...

You can do it..don't be worrying.. Just let the last few dissapear for good...

• Like 1

^^^ This is the truth. Everyone finds out, most the hard way, that you can not have just one every now and then. Sooner or later you will be smoking the same volume you originally smoked - or more even. This is not something a smoker can control for any length of time. You either smoke, or you don't smoke. There's no in between.

• Like 1

I agree with you, if it was easy we would have these boards and this fantastic support from everyone on here. Well, I haven't slipped up for a while, I nearly did last night but was strong and feel good for that. In fact i threw away all my cigarettes I have in the house last night so the temptation is completely removed. 

• Like 2

^^^^ Yes - what she said Jules :) You can do this if you really want to. Getting rid of the cigs is a very good thing. You don't need them any more because, smoking is not an option! The only way to quit is to just not smoke any longer. Simple concept, right?

• Like 2

Doing good today, had a great weekend, (its friday saturday where I live), and went out on big drinking session. And........ Not one puff!!!! was so happy with myself.....

This board is amazing, love the support. 

• Like 2

That's great that you have kept busy. That makes things easier as your mind is focused elsewhere. As Doreen said, just keep in mind that in the early part of your quit, you will have up and down days in terms of craving to smoke. That will even out the further into your quit you get. Every battle you fight successfully, you get stronger and the addiction gets weaker. Glad the patches are helping you. Any tool you can use to keep from smoking is a good tool :) Carry on Jules, you're doing great!

• Like 1