Help

Jules1977

No don't smoke Jules. Whatever you do don't smoke!!

Go take a walk or a bath or a shower or, just stay on here and read  or watch videos about how bad smoking is for you.

Do anything but smoke!!

• Like 1

Are you quitting cold turkey or with a patch or chantix? Is this your first day quitting after your recent relapse? I know how strong those cravins are but, they also only last  so long as really intense urges so just keep yourself busy for 10 minutes or so. It will easy up and you'll be able to think more clearly about your quit then.

• Like 2

Come back on here and let me know you are still with us. Let's talk about a quit plan, if you don't already have one. There's some things we can work on that may help you to get past these  early days.

• Like 1

Ok young man..calm down...some nice deep breaths...in....hold.....out...

Repeat repeat repeat...

So you go smoke ..what then..I'll tell you my friend...you will be so disappointed...

Go read some more Allen Carr...I kept going over it ..til it sunk in...

Do anything else..just don't smoke...

Have you read all the stuff here..have you watched all the video,S...if the answer is no...they off you go and do so..

Smoking is crap..you didn't like it...that why your here right..

Read boo,s thread it's simple...it so is...

Stay close ..very close...

• Like 2

Jules!  This crave will pass whether you smoke or not....it will pass.  But by not smoking...each time you crave or feel like you are going crazy....each time you smash it...you become stronger and the addiction becomes weaker.  If you smoke...back to square one.

Hang in there, you are doing great!

• Like 2

and....12 days into your quit...it's not really a smoke your body wants.  Your brain is associating smoking with "feel good feelings" that you felt when you relieved yourself of the withdraw symptoms.

Remember 

HALT

Hungry

Angry

Lonely

Tired

Sleep, deep breathe...take a long walk or run if you can...drink a cold glass of water...lots of it

• Like 3

Yes - Jules ! That's the way to do it. Proud of you :) You did exactly the right thing by posting up an SOS.

As others have said, each time you successfully fight through one of these urges to smoke, you become stronger and the addiction becomes weaker. It really does work that way. You just have to stay with the Not One Puff thing long enough and it will become much more easy to manage.

May I also suggest to you that you post up your very own post in the "Pre-Respond to your own SOS" board at the top of the SOS page. This is something you can go to anytime night or day as well as posting an SOS to the rest of us. This will allow you to read your own words as to why you should not smoke a cigarette. It has helped to save a few quits along the way.

• Like 4

Congrats on the bravery to post up an SOS. It shows how truly committed your brain is! Every time you smash one of those bigger feelings back you gain ground and an upper hand. Fantastic job on doing something quick. 

POst up that pre respond to an SOS but also maybe write a list of things to do when your brain cops a fritz moment.

Amazing, so well done on your quit. x

• Like 2