I had a small(ish) anger meltdown...

GraceLove

last night. I'm trying to decide if I should feel guilty about it or not.

So the husband, kiddo and I worked in the garden and yard all day yesterday. By supper time, we were too exhausted to think about cooking supper. We needed to run into town to get gas for the mower so we decided to stop at this Mexican restaurant to get carry-out. Husband looked most "public worthy" so he ran in,ordered, and waited for the food (and drank a margarita) while kiddo and I hung out in the truck.

He gets food. We drive home (about a 20 minute drive btw)...I get everyone else's food on plates. Then I open mine...there is rice,there is beans, there is lettuce, guac, sour cream, and some shredded cheese...but no enchilada. I am not happy.

I call the place to tell them. The girl that answers laughs and say "whatever". I explain again. She says "If you are trying to get something free out of us it's not going to happen." I go from unhappy to livid. I say "let me speak to your manager." The manager basically tells me that my "lie" is not believable. But then I hear people discussing this in the background...and I hear a young man say "oh man, here are her enchiladas.". It's silent on the phone and the woman say "yeah we found them...I guess you can come get them. We aren't going to remake them.".

I lost my damn mind on this woman. I was all "Oh really?! I get the pleasure of driving all the way back there and picking up hour old enchiladas! Thank you!" and then went on to say various curse words and questions about her intelligence. I told her to keep her enchiladas and to consider my $15 payment for said enchiladas a donation toward stupidity..

It's possible that my reaction was overkill. 

• Like 4

Lol! I don't think you over-reacted at all!

I think you should get on Twitter or a n other form of social lambasting and shout the crap out of them!!

Twitter works wonders for complaining, just make sure you @ them and # your feelings!!

PS, I probably wouldn't go back there for a while (if ever), such shocking service and attitude!!

• Like 3

I'm normally that laid back..i fall over...it takes forever for me to get angry...

Well when I first quit ,I was like a rotwheiler.. Snarling...

I had a punching pillow...and give myself targets of how far I could punch it..

Thankfully it didn't last long...I'm back to my old self now...

• Like 1

I'm really slow to anger too, Doreen...and I can't sustain anger. When I hear about people being pissed off at someone for years, I'm impressed. lol I have never been angry at someone for more than a few hours, even when they REALLY deserved it.

But yeah, my anger trigger is very touchy these days....I do hope that clears up soon. Don't get me wrong those people sucked and were rude asses BUT...I could have handled it better. It's not in my character to cuss out strangers. Usually. haha

• Like 2

taking time for yourself these days?  Reward yourself..get a massage, take a nice long walk...deep breathe...big tall glass of ice water with lemon..pump the music up and dance like no ones watching...

this too shall pass...

you're doing great Grace...and perfectly normal for you to experience this. 

• Like 1

taking time for yourself these days?  Reward yourself..get a massage, take a nice long walk...deep breathe...big tall glass of ice water with lemon..pump the music up and dance like no ones watching...

this too shall pass...

you're doing great Grace...and perfectly normal for you to experience this. 

I really do need to take some time to myself. I need to get way more physically active too. I know it would help but getting myself to actually do it is a whole different battle. haha 

I-Didnt-Make-It-To-The-Gym-Today-Funny-L

• Like 3

last night. I'm trying to decide if I should feel guilty about it or not.

So the husband, kiddo and I worked in the garden and yard all day yesterday. By supper time, we were too exhausted to think about cooking supper. We needed to run into town to get gas for the mower so we decided to stop at this Mexican restaurant to get carry-out. Husband looked most "public worthy" so he ran in,ordered, and waited for the food (and drank a margarita) while kiddo and I hung out in the truck.

He gets food. We drive home (about a 20 minute drive btw)...I get everyone else's food on plates. Then I open mine...there is rice,there is beans, there is lettuce, guac, sour cream, and some shredded cheese...but no enchilada. I am not happy.

I call the place to tell them. The girl that answers laughs and say "whatever". I explain again. She says "If you are trying to get something free out of us it's not going to happen." I go from unhappy to livid. I say "let me speak to your manager." The manager basically tells me that my "lie" is not believable. But then I hear people discussing this in the background...and I hear a young man say "oh man, here are her enchiladas.". It's silent on the phone and the woman say "yeah we found them...I guess you can come get them. We aren't going to remake them.".

I lost my damn mind on this woman. I was all "Oh really?! I get the pleasure of driving all the way back there and picking up hour old enchiladas! Thank you!" and then went on to say various curse words and questions about her intelligence. I told her to keep her enchiladas and to consider my $15 payment for said enchiladas a donation toward stupidity..

It's possible that my reaction was overkill.

Overkill? Nah, you were nicer than I would have been. My ass would have driven down there and the scene would have been legendary. ;)

I'm sorry that they tested you though.

• Like 4

Grace

There is a nationwide scam afoot to get free enchiladas (and I'm also hearing quesadillas) from unsuspecting Mexican restaurants.  Video footage shows the ringleader signing her bill "Grace _____" (unreadable).  I've heard that the FBI's failure to capture the enchilada gang is the true reason for the firing of James Comey.

I implore you to turn yourself in.....now!   ;)

• Like 4

Yeah - no over reaction on your part. They were completely in the wrong and out of line. Clearly the manager must have been sleeping through the customer service training they would have received. Not sure if this is a privately owned place or part of a chain but there is likely someone higher than the manager available to lodge a complaint with perhaps?

EC's suggestion above is also a good one. Social media is the place to expose unfair treatment these days. Gets a lot of attention but usually only when it's a bigger company. Still - you can warn off others from going there.

• Like 3

The market will sort them out in due time.  Even good restaurants have razor-thin profit margins.  Throw in some bad attitudes and general incompetence...it's not a recipe for success.

• Like 1

I would like to congratulate you on being tame.

I would've been in my motor and en route and facebook pages would've known my name lol.

I think you did very well to just lose it on the phone - well done!

• Like 2

Update...my husband stopped by the restaurant during the day, hoping to speak to different people than we did the night before. The owner was there. My husband explained what had happened and that he was very upset that the workers spoke to me the way they did. The owner was horrified. He called the night manager right then and she confirmed the enchilada issue. Husband said the owner slammed the phone down and said something about "his stupid sister" in Spanish (haha). Then asked Husband to wait, gave him free margaritas and remade our entire order (not just my food), plus added 4 appetizers. Husband came walking in with 4 huge bags of food.

Needless to say, the restaurant is forgiven. lol Now THAT is customer service.

• Like 5