Temptation Comes From Everywhere!

Was at the mall, just minding my business, walking around, window shopping and just plain enjoying the day. Then it hit me. An enormous crave! Bummed a cigarette from someone and then remembered this board and all the great advice. Put the cig in my pocket and said to myself, wait at least three minutes and if the crave isn't gone smoke it. Bumped into an old friend, talked for 10 minutes. Crave gone. Cig in trash. Whew! That was close.

Now re-read the above and know it was a dream I had last night. STRANGE!!! But hey, even my subconscious is strong in the quit!!! I remember my last quit I would smoke in my dreams and then wake up relieved it was just a dream. But in hindsight it told me that my full mind was not onboard. Think this may be a great mental turning point!!!

NOPE on everyone!!!

• Like 9

I'm still so new, but I dream about smoking every night. Not sure what it means. I've been a smoker just about all of my life, so I guess it's not that unusual.

Feely I had been a smoker near my whole life too...but having a life without those dam things is far better..

Keep marching..the magic will happen ..x

• Like 2

Yep...

Those "dream" are really nightmares! .. I remember the first time I had one, I woke up pissed! I couldn't believe I would throw my quit away. I REALLY had to think about it to make sure it didn't really happen...they DO seem real!

As always, taking it one day at a time with your eye on e prize will get you to where you want to be!

• Like 2

In your case Rob, it just may be an indication that your mental attitude has changed this time around. Last quit attempt you just smoked that cig. This time, you had the sense to think about it a while first and kept your NOPE :) Based on reading what I think was your introductory post, it seemed to me that you have learned that hard lesson about "just one puff".

2 weeks off those coffin nails is great. Hardest part behind you - best part ahead :D

• Like 2

I still have the occasional smoking dream, unfortunately.  Great job even NOPE-ing in your dreams - I haven't always been able to do that.

Congratulations on 2 weeks smoke free.

• Like 1

I'm 3 years in and still had a dream a couple of months back. The subconcious remembers is all I think it is. I have dreams about other dumb stuff I've done too but have no intention of actioning any of it. They feel so real though don't they! 

Keep marching on one step at a time. Soon enough the brain and body come back to you and you feel so amazing. Self worth and self belief go through the roof :)

• Like 1