Day 4 Craves

Feely

I am irritable and crabby. I'm getting socked with cravings. I already blew it once, and don't want to do that again!

I'm going to a friend's house in a few hours to work on a resume. I hope that helps - I'm on the patch too. I was a heavy smoker for most of my life. 

Thanks for letting me vent!

• Like 6

Rob is right..

Get some regular chewing gum..it keeps the mouth busy..

Alot of folks feel irritable at the beginning ,but it soon calm down..

Your a negative in to a positive..i feel this this way because I've kicked nicotine and.all what I'm feeling will pass

Keep marching...

• Like 5

I believe in you Feely !! You are stronger than you realize and you know smoking adds NOTHING positive to your life - only adds to problems. You have a pretty strong quit going there and it will only get stronger and easier to manage. Just tough out these early days. We all have to put in our hard time to come through as non smokers and you are now on our non smoking team so let's do this :)

• Like 3

It's ok to be pissed!

I was so crabby my first couple months that I scared even myself!  I had to isolate a bit out of fear of ruining relationships (which I didn't care so much about as long as I didn't smoke, priority #1 ).  But, I knew it was all temporary which helped.  But man.  Just roll with it became the motto in my head.  That helped too.

It's good to see your determination and commitment,  Grasp it and don't let go!!

• Like 3

Vent all you want, Feely.  Do whatever you need to do as long as you don't smoke.

You are making it through the roughest days and it does get easier.   You should be proud of yourself.   You are doing a great thing by quitting smoking.  Do what you need to do as long as you keep the quit.

• Like 4

This is all so wonderful to read! Keep up the long march folks.  I think Feely is learning to feel less and think more. I think this can be added to the wonderful thought stream of suggestions below, on how to rescue someone from the sinking ship of addiction. Now we are talking about life support, I'm not joking.

Really.... life support, maybe not for right now but for what lies down the road.. the one that splits fate decisively on whether Feely makes the right decision, the decision not to smoke. I'm getting triggered massively at the moment too. It happens sometimes if one gets into a peculiarly stressful situation that one is not used to anyway.. or how you spend your time in a day shifts massively, or something is taken away from you that you feel belongs to you. I think whenever big disappointments happen there might always be an urge to smoke...

but don't give in here.

I forgot to mention that when I went for a bikeride by the Bow River we took pictures of the firefighter rescue squad in black and red swimming attire were practising saving lives in the river for hours.. man they looked so wonderful there too.

I am irritable and crabby. I'm getting socked with cravings. I already blew it once, and don't want to do that again!

I'm going to a friend's house in a few hours to work on a resume. I hope that helps - I'm on the patch too. I was a heavy smoker for most of my life. 

Thanks for letting me vent!

Get some gum, get some candy, get some chocolates! Anything but smoking. No smoking!!! You got this Feely! Remember, you feel this way because you smoked, not because you quit.

Rob is right..
Get some regular chewing gum..it keeps the mouth busy..
Alot of folks feel irritable at the beginning ,but it soon calm down..
Your a negative in to a positive..i feel this this way because I've kicked nicotine and.all what I'm feeling will pass
Keep marching...

Don't do it Feely!  It really isn't worth it.  Think about last time and how bad you felt.  This will get better.  Don't do it as you'll be in hell for a month and not just a week.

Nope, I will not smoke.

I believe in you Feely !! You are stronger than you realize and you know smoking adds NOTHING positive to your life - only adds to problems. You have a pretty strong quit going there and it will only get stronger and easier to manage. Just tough out these early days. We all have to put in our hard time to come through as non smokers and you are now on our non smoking team so let's do this :)

It's ok to be pissed!

I was so crabby my first couple months that I scared even myself!  I had to isolate a bit out of fear of ruining relationships (which I didn't care so much about as long as I didn't smoke, priority #1 ).  But, I knew it was all temporary which helped.  But man.  Just roll with it became the motto in my head.  That helped too.

It's good to see your determination and commitment,  Grasp it and don't let go!!

Vent all you want, Feely.  Do whatever you need to do as long as you don't smoke.

You are making it through the roughest days and it does get easier.   You should be proud of yourself.   You are doing a great thing by quitting smoking.  Do what you need to do as long as you keep the quit.

Vent away!! The emotions are all levelling and your body is healing itself, it's working as hard as you :)  xx

Your mind is your most powerful ally Feely. It can prevail in any battle as long as it says "I will not smoke right now!"

Congratulations on 4 days of freedom! Crabby-free days will come again.

• Like 1

Well done..

The only way to get past this... is to surge right on..it will get easier as time passes..

Your body has to adjust to not being fed tons of chemicals every day...

Upwards and onwards..

Your doing great !!!

• Like 2

Way to go Feely!!! Cherish and remember each little victory. Because they aren't little or insubstantial. They are HUGE!!! And you did it! YOU did it. Keep up the good fight Feely! You are doing amazing!

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this feely...

Can you do something nice today..some TLC...a nice long soak..go buy a little treat.. Anything that will remind you ,

What a fabulous life changing thing your doing..

You could also try some deep breathing excersises... You tube is full of them...

Keep posting..support is so important...

• Like 2

It will pass. 

It always does.

The cravings, obsessive thoughts, and other bugaboos of an early stage quit are temporary and fleeting.

Soldier on and in due time you realize you hold all the power.  The choice is yours...it always was and always will be.

• Like 3

Keep fighting Feely, These days you have gone though recently are the worst of it. They will pass and it WILL get better. You just have to never take even one puff more from a cig.! Going to bed early also helped me in the early part of my quit. I think I was either on this board or in bed interspersed with having to go to work as well. Those early days I would end up exhausted just from fighting the urges to smoke and the anxiety from stopping smoking. It's tough work but so worthwhile because that doesn't least very long in the grand scheme of things. The benefits from quitting will last you forever though. Keep going Feely :)

• Like 1