Hello all

Hey. Just wanted today hi.

Just hit one year quit on another board. Seeing some same faces here and am glad.

Glad to see more like minded people.

Quit for my young kids and family. So happy to share my quit and share experiences. And Jim I'm am going to one up you and say I am a young Harrison Ford is his character of jack Ryan played in Tomy Clancy movies.... Or better yet Ben aflec

• Like 9

• 4 years later...

Wow!  It has been a while and for some reason today I had the urge to find my old quit thread so here I am.  Actually it was because an article came up on my google feed about the benefits of quitting smoking.  Weird!  It was refreshing to read it especially when it said that if you quit before the age of 35 you can eliminate almost all the bad things smoking did your body and mind.    

I havent touched a cig since I quit over 5 and a half years ago when I quit at the age of 34.  The previous 2 or so years before that was a long battle with quitting and starting and quitting and starting.  But I can confidently say I dont think about smoking anymore, or at least I dont think about WANTING to smoke anymore.  When I do think about smoking I think how gross it is, wondered how I ever smoked before, and cant imagine doing it now.  And look at those prices!  Holy Cow!  I was in line at a gas station to get a soda and the lady in front of me bought 4 packs and I couldnt believe how much they were.  

This is my sticky quit, it has to be as I cant ever go back to smoking again.  For all those out there who are currently struggling keep at it.  I dont remember how many times I tried or how many times I had 1 month, 3 months, 6 months quit.  But what I do know is that I learned from each quit and used the tools I picked up to finalize my sticky quit.  I hope you are all doing well.

• Like 5

Hey Jillar!!  Yay another "old" face!  I was very lucky to have a great support system when quitting (which includes the online support system)!!  

I dont recall your health issues.  Hope everything is going ok with you and you are managing them.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gus said:

Thank you @Jryan19982! It’s so awesome when the veterans get on board to let us know how they are doing. Gives us newbies hope. Someone to look up to! Wishing you well! 🤗

Hell yeah man!  You have over 7 months!  You are doing awesome.  Just keep up the good work and remind yourself everyday why you are doing this.  As you know it is harder before it becomes easier and then it is just second nature.  You have to take action to smoke but you dont have to take any action to NOT smoke.  You got this.    

• Like 2