Message to New Board Members

First of all, welcome to you all and I hope you get comfortable here quickly. We are all seeking the same thing, to beat this terrible addiction.

Please note, especially for those with "young quits", that we do have an SOS page here. You'll see it at the top of the main board page. Read the pinned intro there please (it's short and to the point). You'll also see a pinned thread called "Pre Respond to Your Own SOS". I would recommend that you post something up there that you can quickly go to and read should you ever have a moment of overwhelming urge to smoke.

My recommendation would be to make your post long enough that it takes you a while to read it. Enough time for the urge to die down a little and have some content in there that will be compelling to you. Doesn't have to mean anything to anyone else - only you.

Hopefully, you never have to use this but, it's there to help save your quit :)

thanks,

R.

• Like 15

An SOS saved my quit on day 8!  Now on day 15 and things are getting easier hour by hour, day by day, week by week.

That's absolutely the way it goes CP1973 :) The longer you go, the stronger you grow. Every time you successfully resist that urge to smoke, you grow stronger for the next one and your addiction gets weaker. Just remain on guard tho as your addicted brain will try and outsmart you at some point of weakness you experience somewhere down the line. Just be on guard for those moments and you'll be fine :) I'm hoping Feely is reading your post here so she/he knows it is possible to get by that initial intense period of withdrawal and that things do become easier to manage fairly quickly.

• Like 3

• 6 years later...
On 5/3/2017 at 3:35 PM, Reciprocity said:

First of all, welcome to you all and I hope you get comfortable here quickly. We are all seeking the same thing, to beat this terrible addiction.

Please note, especially for those with "young quits", that we do have an SOS page here. You'll see it at the top of the main board page. Read the pinned intro there please (it's short and to the point). You'll also see a pinned thread called "Pre Respond to Your Own SOS". I would recommend that you post something up there that you can quickly go to and read should you ever have a moment of overwhelming urge to smoke.

My recommendation would be to make your post long enough that it takes you a while to read it. Enough time for the urge to die down a little and have some content in there that will be compelling to you. Doesn't have to mean anything to anyone else - only you.

Hopefully, you never have to use this but, it's there to help save your quit :)

thanks,

R.

Good advice for you Newbies x

• Like 4