Edna_ Clouds..who boarded the train today..has a 1 year quit !!!!

Doreensfree

Hey E.C. Welcome aboard the Quit Train and a massive congrats on reaching that huge 1 year milestone!! Be proud of yourself, it's a huge accomplishment and now you've arrived. So happy for you. I just happen to have a spot here on the Lido Deck all ready just for you :yu:

23vnamg.jpg

• Like 2

Aw, thanks everyone! I am truly touched!

@bkp, your memory is awesome! Yes, I have been through a lot, more than I actually moaned about publically and to keep my quit has proved it is my forever quit!

Happy days!

• Like 3

Congrats, Edna.....one year is massive!

We are happy you could be here with your friends to celebrate!

Way to keep your eye on the prize. :)

• Like 2

Sorry everyone! I heartily apologise, I didn't mean to cause offence!

No excuse for my poor attitude at all!

Taking myself off to the naughty corner for a while!

BKP, I didn't actually say I got no congratulations, I was saying I had no new notifications but I realise now that was because no-one could log onto qsmb whereas everyone on here had congratulated me!

I really am very sorry!

• Like 3

It's all good Edna. Just still glad you were able to celebrate your milestone with people who understand the journey and had a few quit buddies along too. I remember my first year and how excited I was to celebrate with those who struggled along with and supported me. Definitely get it. Please don't feel bad.

• Like 3

I can't say I'm not disappointed to hear this because I am. We did our best to make all from the struggling QSMB feel welcome and more importantly to secure the quits of those who were early on in their quits. The celebratory stuff is all well and fine and really just an expression of our pride for the person reaching a milestone. A pat on the back from people who know how hard it is to reach those milestones. So I'm not really bothered much about how our last minute celebratory thread was perceived by the guest of honor.

What I am truly happy about and what we should all be proud of are comments that we received from those QSMB people who were early in their quits. I believe one even suggested that coming here may have saved their quit! That's the real focus here - quitting this horrible addiction that literally costs lives and helping those early in that process to move forward toward their own personal freedom. That was our focus then and it should always be our focus going forward.

I'm impressed that you Edna have paid us the courtesy of an apology for what ever may have been said elsewhere. That takes guts and a degree of personal accountability so - thank you. I also truly wish that as you go forward at QSMB now as a long term proven quitter, that you share all the knowledge you can to foster those new quitters along in their journey. That's our collective responsibility in paying forward the support we have all received along the way ourselves.

• Like 6