First day

Sparkles

Another smoke free day.  Spent this afternoon walking some dogs at an animal refuge.  It was nice to give them some freedom from their kennels for an hour.  So today I did something nice for someone else....even if it was a dog!

• Like 5

Another smoke free day.  Spent this afternoon walking some dogs at an animal refuge.  It was nice to give them some freedom from their kennels for an hour.  So today I did something nice for someone else....even if it was a dog!

Awww, such a lovely thing to do!  :wub: And those smoke free days are adding up fast! Great job!

• Like 1

Good evening.  Another day gone by and no cigarettes.  I have to say I have been very busy today and did have a momentary thought of how a nice break in the sunshine with a cigarette would be good.....but then I figured it would be just as good with a cup of tea.  :)  Feeling ok about everything but really having trouble sleeping - not sure if it is related to quitting or just because I am finding it weird without my partner here.  When I can't sleep I get anxious unfortunately....:(  Sure it will pass anyway, onwards and upwards

• Like 4

You've doing great Pumpkin!  :) And great job conquering the craving!! You're absolutely right - it's the break you need, NOT the cigarette. And everything is better with a nice cup of tea in the sunshine!

The trouble sleeping is pretty common with quitting. I think most of us experienced it at first. I had it for the first almost three weeks and then it started to get better again. It's a temporary effect, it will get better. I would get up and read for a while, and try to go back to sleep later. Try some chamomile tea. Do something else. It's worse to just lie in bed and stare at the ceiling - that makes it harder to sleep. Just do something relaxing and try again. It will get better and usually sooner than you think! :)

A little more here from a recent thread on insomnia:

https://www.quittrain.com/topic/8321-sever-insomnia-help/

• Like 2

Thank you. I am an anxiety sufferer and so lack of sleep is a big problem for me. Thankfully my cat got on the bed when I was anxious last night and helped to calm me down. :) weirdly then the other one got on so I didn't feel alone. They have a sixth sense these animals. :)

• Like 1

I used to suffer from anxiety/panic disorder a long time ago too. I know it can be hard and I'm glad the cats were able to comfort you.  :) Animals really do have a sixth sense for all that! We have three cats and they all pile on and cuddle close if I or Mr. P get sick. Just hang in there, come post here or read. It will get so much better soon!! And we're here, just a post away.  :)

• Like 1

Congrats pumkin ..look at your ticker adding up the days smoke free..

Yes alot of us here suffered with loss of sleep at the beginning..but when you think..our bodies are all messed up..

Years of chemicals..then nothing..

It will settle..

Before long ,you will be enjoying those breaks ,as if you never smoked at all..your tea will taste so much better..

Keep marching !!!!

• Like 1

I used to suffer from anxiety too for the most part of my life. Smoking only did worse. I started coping with anxiety by not giving a ****! Plus age matters and helps, you get a bit more tough as you age. Now its mostly a non issue. You doing great, keep climbing that rope.

• Like 2

Hi Pumpkin! You're doing great with your quit. Yes, the interrupted sleep is pretty common and will work it way out eventually. Different for all of us and you are correct. Better a change in sleep patterns for a little while then smoking! You are getting through the toughest part of your quit now so just keep focused and moving forward with your commitment not to smoke. We are all here to support you and cheer you on :)

• Like 1

Merci tout le monde.  Today going well.  I have holiday accommodation here in France so have just had some guests arrive for a week.  Feeling a little stressy, but ok.  Having a nice cup of tea.

xx  Thank you all so much for your support.  I am not really craving cigarettes, its more the sleeping issues that are bothering me.  I think I may go and have a nap in the sun!

• Like 1