First day

Sparkles

So today has been my first day as a non-smoker.  I seem to have done ok....in fact other than a crying tantrum with a hosepipe this afternoon, all seems to have been good.  :blink:

Nice to meet you all.

• Like 7

Hi Pumpkin! Welcome to the Quit Train. You'll be in good company here so come often and post about anything you like. We're here to help support you along the way. It may not be easy at times but it's the best thing you could possible do for yourself. Read as much about this addiction as you can. There's a wealth of videos available here as well that are also a great tool. Come pledge your N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) daily here. It will help to reinforce your commitment to not smoke.

Look forward to following your journey :)

• Like 2

Hey Pumpkin! :) Welcome aboard! I'm so glad you've joined us. This may not always be easy, but it will always be worth it. Come often, post, read and pledge NOPE. We're right here with you. Looking forward to getting to know you. Let's do this!

• Like 2

hello pumpkin, welcome to the train, crying, screaming, jumping up and down all accepted here, everything but smoking, whatever gets you through! read and post, there iis a whole world of support here for you, drink plenty of water, take deep breaths and treat yourself.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Pumpkin and congratulations on beginning the process of setting yourself free.

Any emotional roller coaster type stuff experienced during these initial days is temporary and fleeting.  The pride and freedom that comes with quitting is permanent.

Buckle up, knuckle down, drive on.

• Like 3

Welcome! Best decision you have ever made. Turn on your heels and March forward to your bright future. Stay close to the boards, post often and enjoy this crazy ride called the Quit Train. We look forward to getting to know you.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the welcomes and apologies for the late reply.  I am guessing most of you are the other side of the Atlantic to me.  

So I am just entering day two....I feel ok, but didn't sleep very well at all which I expected (I have done this before....and failed).  I know it improves so will just live with it.

Plan to keep myself busy today....its a lovely sunny day so good for cheering the mind!

Thanks again everyone.

:D

• Like 4

Where are you from pumpkin..

Most of the peeps here are from. U.S.A...but we do have other places covered too...

I'm in England..so start my day 5 hours before most here..I warm it up lol..

Well done first day done with..sleep often does get a bit messed up,but soon settles down..

Keep close... There is someone here most of the time ...x

Hi Doreen.  I live in France, but am British.  Moved here 4.5 years ago.  I was actually a non-smoker when I moved here (had been for about 2.5 years) but things got extremely stressful and I started again.  This morning I found a cigarette in my car.....just sitting there looking at me.  I ripped it up and put it in the bin.   :P

• Like 4

Good for you for smashing that cig to bits..you had a great quit once...you can again...

As you know now...smoking doesn't solve anything..it just adds to the problem...so let's make this your sticky...

Well your not that far away...so.I will around for you....

Where did you live in England ???...I'm in Liverpool...x

I actually have stopped twice.  Once for about three years, the other about 2.5 years.  Always so angry with myself when I failed.

Bonjour Pumpkin!

You can't do anything about the past, but you are in complete control of looking forward to a smoke free future :) We know you can do it and we'll be here for support when you need it so, stay close to the quit train group and we'll get this done together :)

• Like 3

Checking in here from Canada Pumpkin. Comment ça va?  :)

This is a brand new quit and a brand new start. Don't beat yourself up over the past. You're doing great and way to go, smashing that cig to bits! :yes:  You're going to do this beautifully! And we'll be here every step of the way.

Merci tout le monde! So that's two days down now. No major wobbles....had a cup of tea instead of a cigarette this afternoon and just enjoyed the warm sunshine. Also did some yoga. Got my yoga class in the morning too so more to take my mind d off things. Doubly hard at moment as my oh is away in UK as his dad is very poorly. The temptation would be to smoke even more, so I am surprising myself. Just hope I sleep better tonight.

• Like 1

It's gotta start somewhere, right?

1 day becomes 2. 2 days become a week ... weeks become months and before you know it you wonder what all the fuss was about.

That is a glorious day ... but it starts with Day One.

Welcome aboard The Train.

Enjoy the ride ...

Easy Peasy

• Like 2