Another life lost to smoking...I forgot to mention he was a hero...

Nancy

My husband, Dennis's brother, Steve, died yesterday.  He was 68 years old.  He had been a heavy smoker since his teenage years, and although he tried many times, he never managed to beat the addiction.  He was diagnosed with lung and throat cancer.  Three weeks ago he had the surgery for the lung cancer.  He was supposed to be home in just a few days. Unfortunately,  he got pneumonia, and then sepsis.  They took him off life support yesterday, and he lived for about an hour.  He loved people, golf, and fishing.  His second grandchild will be born in the next month.  If you haven't quit...you owe it to yourself and your loved ones.

Dennis is on the left, Steve in the middle, Milton on right.  

Brooks%20Brothers_zpsxmvn27tm.jpg

• Like 1

My heartfelt sympathy Nancy ..

Steve was far too young to be taken...I hate this addiction...

I hate the tobacco companies even more..how many more loved ones will be lost...

Hugs and prayers dear friend from across the pond.xxxx.

• Like 1

Condolences to you and yours Nancy.

Terrible loss for those who had the opportunity to know him and for a child that will never get to meet their grandfather.  This addiction takes so much...

I'm very sorry, Nancy.  I wish young people could understand the very real consequences of smoking but they rarely do, I didn't.  I've lost too many family members and dear friends from smoking and yet I continued to smoke.  That's a whole other story.  Prayers to you and your family.

• Like 1

My husband, Dennis's brother, Steve, died yesterday.  He was 68 years old.  He had been a heavy smoker since his teenage years, and although he tried many times, he never managed to beat the addiction.  He was diagnosed with lung and throat cancer.  Three weeks ago he had the surgery for the lung cancer.  He was supposed to be home in just a few days. Unfortunately,  he got pneumonia, and then sepsis.  They took him off life support yesterday, and he lived for about an hour.  He loved people, golf, and fishing.  His second grandchild will be born in the next month.  If you haven't quit...you owe it to yourself and your loved ones.

Dennis is on the left, Steve in the middle, Milton on right.  

Brooks%20Brothers_zpsxmvn27tm.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss Nancy (((HUGS)))

• Like 1