I´m back

natalie_3

Hi guys!

I´ve missed you!

As you can imagine I fell off the train and started smoking again. I went up to 3 packs a day. It was an awful setback but...I´m back! Tomorrow is my quit date. 

Wish me luck!

Love,

Natalie

• Like 2

Relatively new here myself natalie_3 but welcome back. You've quit before obviously so you know what the drill is. You using any quit aids or Cold Turkey and is that any different from the previous time you quit? Just curious. Come often, read up on all the quit smoking stuff again and strap yourself in for the ride. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you :)

• Like 1

Relatively new here myself natalie_3 but welcome back. You've quit before obviously so you know what the drill is. You using any quit aids or Cold Turkey and is that any different from the previous time you quit? Just curious. Come often, read up on all the quit smoking stuff again and strap yourself in for the ride. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you :)

This time I´m using Zyban and NRT. I read somewhere that this combination method is quite effective so I thought I´d give it a try. I plan on using the NRT just for the first few days because eventually I need to completely detox to make this work. I went cold turkey on some attempted quittings before. I also attended the Allen Carr clinic but it didn´t work for me although it´s very effective for some people.

Thanks for your quick answers. 

By the way, I apologize beforehand for some spelling or grammar mistakes I might make. English is not my first language. Sorry. I´ll try hard! 

-Nat

• Like 2

OK - that's interesting. I hear the Zyban does work well for some. Didn't try that as I quit pretty suddenly without any real planning. I was using nicotine patches first 2 days then forgot to put one on so just went cold turkey. Probably no one quitting method is right for everyone so just go with what you think is best for you. Hope it goes well for you natalie. Check in with us often :) 

You're English language and spelling are fine, by the way :)

• Like 1

Hello Natalie welcome back. I am had actually quit for a few years back in 2008 actually I saved the calendar from 2008 as tracked my first three weeks into April 10th 2008. Hey Sh*&$ happens. Glad you are back. I used Chantix and that was a big help for the first two weeks.

• Like 2

Hi nat...good to see you back...

Back to basics...read all you can...take the daily pledge...

Stay close to the board..newbies can help each other along..it's good to have quit buddies...

Never stick anything in your mouth ,and set fire to it...first rule of a quit...

You can do it...

• Like 1

Natty...come and tell us how your gettin along...can we help ????

Hi guys! 

I think I´m surviving hell week more or less fine for now. My mind changes from foggy to super speed and I have goosebumps and cravings but drinking juice as it says in the video has helped me a lot. 

I´ve been watching the videos and doing everything all over again. 

Thanks for your quick answers. 

Hugs!

-Nat 

• Like 3

Welcome back, Natalie!  How did you first day go?

Videos to watch early in your quit.

Thanks! 

First day was bittersweet. I had an awful fight with my sister because she´s kind of difficult and I was extra sensitive. But as a motivation and reward for quitting my husband got me two lovely baby turtles that I love. I´ll try to stay positive. 

-Nat

• Like 2

Thanks! 

First day was bittersweet. I had an awful fight with my sister because she´s kind of difficult and I was extra sensitive. But as a motivation and reward for quitting my husband got me two lovely baby turtles that I love. I´ll try to stay positive. 

-Nat

I'm glad you got through the fight without smoking. Way to go! It'll just get easier and easier from here.

Aww, that's so cute! What did you name them? *I'm assuming that you mean actual baby turtles and not ... 

:lol: In our house, it's all about the chocolate. LOL
  • Like 2

I'm glad you got through the fight without smoking. Way to go! It'll just get easier and easier from here.

Aww, that's so cute! What did you name them? *I'm assuming that you mean actual baby turtles and not ... 

:lol: In our house, it's all about the chocolate. LOL

LOL  :lol2:  I really mean baby turtles. They´re named Madison and Ella. Assuming they´re both girls but we really don´t know yet. 

• Like 2

Awww...cute. Two of ours are black cats, and one is white and grey tabby spotted. I grew up with dogs, then birds and now cats. With the work schedule, cats were easier. Don't need to walk them. :) But I do miss having a dog. One day.

• Like 1