Yet Another Joyous Reason...

sharonsiff

Completely went off the rails and booked Florida, for next year, instead of Aruba. Very excited of course and very glad I'm going as a non smoker. Last time the nine hour flight was pure hell! I can remember thinking what the hell was I thinking, booking such a long flight as a smoker. Can also remember planning to hit every single smoking allowed area, in the parks. So selfish as my family were stood around waiting, while I got my fix.

I am so grateful to be going back (last there in 2009) and even more so happy to be doing it as a non smoker this time. Not smoking is actually paying most towards it too. I tend to take it all for granted now really, as four years this June, but I was just looking at the WDW maps and saw the symbol for the smoking areas...reminded me of last visit and made me grateful that I got my head out of my arse and quit.

• Like 7

Happy for your upcoming trip. And congratulations on your years as a non-smoker. 

Yes traveling as a Smoker really sucked. I remember traveling to hike in Utah with a change over and a 2 hour drive it was like oh my God when will I get a cigarette break.

• Like 2

Fabulous...

This time ,the long haul flight will be so relaxing..not having to worry when the next time you can smoke..

It consumes the whole journey...

And those awful little smoking rooms...even as a smoker they are so gross..embarrassing ,and degrading..

Holidays as a non smoker is amazing...

You'll have so much fun..xx

• Like 1

Dee the though of not needing a cigarette break, or counting the minutes till I can have one, that will be fabulous. It's going to be very mentally freeing, compared to the last time that I did the trip.

Doreen it's going to be so much fun, we will be like two big very excited kids.

Reci I know, I will owe you a cocktail...one of these days we will sit and enjoy one. I will do Aruba, I have no doubt, but I just wanted to get another visit to the Mouse out of my system. Had such an amazing time, last visit, that it seemed the right choice as our first holiday without the girls. Will be too busy to be brooding over them. We are staying right near Disney World in Lake Buena Vista.

Bakon we arrive on the 3rd of September 2018 and leave on the 17th. I'm very excited and can't quite believe that I'm actually going back. My favourite holidays are the American ones...they seem to know how to treat their tourists just a pity it's so far, and expensive, or I'd be hitting the USA every year.

• Like 1

I will see you then. We will have to start a thread on a meeting there. Disney does care well for guests. We met up in Downtown Disney at a bar for a drink or ten

It's close enough to drive in a day from most places or a few hour plane trip for others. I drive or ride across the whole country so I prefer drive.

• Like 1