Ok..a special sunday coming up...I'll give a clue a day..lol...

Doreensfree

She's gone for a tour of Lennon's boyhood house. Tickets went on sale for March April 2017 a while ago. I wonder if there's any 50 year old PB&J sandwiches still laying around?

Reportedly John and Yoko made a list of everyone they ever slept with when they married.  Doreen has looked everywhere for John's list.

41-tVCogggL._SY355_.jpg

• Like 2

Ok..I hope I do this justice..because it was very special....

My only 36 yr old nephew.. The guy who teaches the guitar and taught and got up running those little Beatles..well

John Lennon house in Liverpool is run by the national trust ,and has very struck rules about visitors and everything has to approved by Yoko.she won't allow wedding parties and such.it case things get ruined .so..somehow he had managed to have the house for 1 hr yesterday..

He lured his girlfriend there with a friend ,thinking she was having a free tour...nooooo

Half way through ..he sang and played a Lennon song..as she entered the room ..we all were hiding..

He got down on one knee and proposed ..she was in total shock...never had a clue...so romantic..

It seems it was the day John and Yoko got married...so

Then we go to a Mexican restaurant, and have a massive meal...champers...all good.....then he made his speech...

Thank you all for keeping my secret..for months...but we have a secret too...and held up ..a baby scan....

Well I wish you could have see the shock on the two sets of parents...priceless....

When we all got over that shocker...we headed down to a good old Liverpool boozer ..with live music..and partied the night away...a Sunday I won't forget in a hurry...

• Like 7

• 5 weeks later...

Having learned in the last few days..the little bundle arriving in September will be a boy...

I have decided to dust down the rusty knitting needles..and knit a blanket...

This will keep me busy...

Call me old fashioned... But there is still something cosy with hand knitted baby wear...

And yes sticks I will still play the game here..you carnt get rid of me that easy...

• Like 3

Awww, Congrats Doreen!  :) That's fantastic news! And there's nothing more special than hand-knitted baby items. The little one will always cherish them.

I still have a few things my grandmother made for me, and she also taught me how to knit and crochet. I think of her every time I pick up the needles or take out the items she made a long time ago. Nothing store-bought could ever duplicate that feeling. 

• Like 1