Blessed with the flu

kiwilee

Hi- I'm new here and on day 4 of my quit.  I have had the flu for the past 3 days.  And while it stinks to be sick, I do NOT want to smoke at all.  My throat is way to sore for that.  The downside is I started off my quit by doing exercise every day.  I can not exercise while I am sick.  So I am ready to continue with my exercise plan.  Cardio helps me so much!

The hardest part right now is lack of sleep.  I'm not sleeping well because I a m coughing all night from the flu.  And quitting makes me sleep terribly.  I think I will take a melatonin tonight.

Just wanted to say hi!  So far so good.  But I know there are bumps ahead!

• Like 7

Hello and Welcome!

The flu sucks for sure, but it is a great kick off to quitting.  You'll be back to the exercise soon enough and it will feel so great after being sick and smoke free!!

Keep up the great work.  Stick around here for help, support and fun!

Lots of reading to do for distraction and tips.  Get to know everyone.  We're a friendly bunch!. :)

• Like 2

Hello and welcome...glad you found us..

Great decision to put this horrible addiction to bed...

Sorry to hear you are not well just now..but take this as a opportunity to read all you can here..

Knowledge will be your tool..

Stay close..you are more likely to succeed if you post every day..

We have daily pledge ..this will help you day by day...

You can do it...

Hi Kiwilee :)  Congrats on your decision to quit smoking! Like you, I recently quit and I too had a really bad chest infection at the time, coughing bad the whole bit. That's what finally pushed me over the edge to try and quit though so it was a good thing. In almost no time, I started feeling better and now, my breathing has really improved noticeably. I hope you stick with it and read, read, read about this addiction. Understanding how it works is key in making your quit long term. See you around my friend :D

Welcome aboard Kiwilee.  The flu will pass and you've done one of the best things you can do for yourself by quitting smoking.  Today may be a bit rough, but you've set yourself up for good times ahead.  Good call.

• Like 1

Kiwilee

Do not worry! This is exactly how I quit! I was so sick that I coughed for 10 minutes if I tried to take one puff. Went to the doctor to get some meds and he said that since you can't smoke now, why not and give it a try now, so I did and it worked! Once I started getting better and the energy came back, I still had the urge to smoke but I had racked up a few days of being a non smoker and did not want to go back to smoking. Yes there will be hard days ahead but just think back to how sick you were now and use it for strength in the future. The nicotine monster want to make you sick again and kill you so fight like your life depends on it because it does! Good luck to you! 

• Like 2

I quit too after being sick and ending up in the hospital after 30 plus years of smoking.  While I was a crazy women in the hospital from craves, when I got home I decided to see how long I could go without smoking.  I put on a patch and the rest was history.  

• Like 1