New Here

So I just joined up here after getting a horrible taste in my mouth from the "new Q", BLAH!  I used to be on the "old Q" and liked it a lot more than the new format.  I suspect I'm not the only refugee here.  It doesn't seem like this forum is as active as the Q is but I figure I'll give it a shot and see how things go.

Anyway, I quit back in October, nearly 5 months quit now.  I've lost a couple three year and a one year quit and am feeling like this is the one forever.   I'm kind of a no-nonsense Army vet who tends to speak his mind, I'll try not to ruffle too many feathers

• Like 6

Welcome to this "Quitter's Club" :) Nice bunch of people here to be sure. We have a lot of fun, sometimes at each others expense but that doesn't seem to bother anyone. We are all pretty serious about one thing and that's quitting smoking for good  ;)

You already got me beat by a mile, that's for sure. I too hope you make this one your permanent quit. I know I certainly don't ever want to do that first week or two again and that is keeping me on the straight & narrow for now anyway along with the inspiration I get from all these other long term quitters. I also understand how this addiction to nicotine can be a seductive SOB though so you gotta constantly be on your guard. Hope to see you around later on the board! (Especially in Chicks or Sticks - these chicks are killin' us lately :angry: )

• Like 2

You are Sarge will get along great... you both can be no nonsense pricks together.

Don't take it personal... some of us like it  ;)

Keep on keepin on.

Sarge is NOT a prick.

He is an arrogant, narcissistic jackass, right?

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

Welcome.  I too am in Colorado. :)

We like to clown around over here for sure and give each other a hard time.  All in good fun, and we only cross the line sometimes. 

Oh, and you can wear as many pieces of flair that you want around here.  No minimum.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello welcome back welcome aboard. 

I had a two year quit back in 2008 and actually April 10th 2008 was the quit day... Allot happened in 2010 lost my house had to give away my dog pack me and my son up and find a new place to live yep that was a rough year. Then would quit in the Winter because it was to cold outside. Now we are on the forever quit. Good luck to you hope you stick around.

• Like 3

Thanks Doreen all things happen for a reason... Some of the worst times of my life have shaped the person I am today... Wouldn't change any of it God keeps and eye on me always... You too have allot to deal with I will keep you in my prayers.

• Like 1

You're not Narcissistic.  Not even close.  Jackass, now you might have an argument. lol :)

Sarge doesn't think he's any of them. He's just repeating what he was labeled at The Other Place before defecting here.

Easy Peasy

• Like 2