I'm Tyme2B.....back again

Tyme2B

Hi there! I have been on this site off & on. I had a successful 6 month quit before relapsing but I am a passenger on the Train again. I MUST retain my seat. I'm feeling quite desperate now. And I just cannot do this alone. I will be checking in daily this time round. I really need help. Today is Day 1....again. No "emergency" smokes in the house...just me & Willpower. I am so tired of this vicious circle & the addiction to nicotine that has put me there....but I only have myself to blame. Please help! I MUST quit & I hate smoking. Thanks for keeping a seat open.

• Like 8

Hi Tyme2B & welcome :D You will get a lot of good support here that's for sure. It's a little weaker on weekends with people checking in but someone is normally around pretty much always so feel free to post away and for sure go to the dedicated daily thread to pledge your NOPE each & every day. Helps me to stay focused on never trying to fool myself into sneaking an innocent puff (by the way, there are no innocent puffs).

Also, watch all the videos you can on the addiction of smoking. Lots of info. here and elsewhere. Once you truly understand that smoking has no benefits and is just an addiction the easier it will be to keep your quit.

Are you quitting cold turkey or using any assistance? What do you think caused you to relapse. That was an awesome quit you had going. Anyway, welcome and stay close here. We'll give you all the support we can. In the end though, it'll be up to you. Go for it :D

• Like 2

Hey Tyme2B. I havent smoked in 11 months and it feels like i never smoked. Want to be in the same place 11 months from now? Then stick close to us and pledge nope daily, at least until you make it to the lido deck. You got it.

• Like 4

Hi Tyme2B & welcome :D You will get a lot of good support here that's for sure. It's a little weaker on weekends with people checking in but someone is normally around pretty much always so feel free to post away and for sure go to the dedicated daily thread to pledge your NOPE each & every day. Helps me to stay focused on never trying to fool myself into sneaking an innocent puff (by the way, there are no innocent puffs).

Also, watch all the videos you can on the addiction of smoking. Lots of info. here and elsewhere. Once you truly understand that smoking has no benefits and is just an addiction the easier it will be to keep your quit.

Are you quitting cold turkey or using any assistance? What do you think caused you to relapse. That was an awesome quit you had going. Anyway, welcome and stay close here. We'll give you all the support we can. In the end though, it'll be up to you. Go for it :D

A change in antidepressant meds caused my relapse plus me just letting it happen. You cannot just have one!!! I am using the gum...it worked well last time & I had no prob coming off gum...after 40 yrs of smoking I'm really addicted to nicotine. I'll stop the gum asap. Thanks for your support. Did you go cold turkey?

• Like 1

I'm using some assistance to help this time as I always fail going cold turkey. I can't keep failing. But I will be stopping the gum asap just like last time when I actually succeeded! Thanks so much for your hope & support!

• Like 1

That's great that you seem to have a really determined attitude :) To me, that's by far the most important thing - hands down!!

I started by using the patch day 1 & 2 then forgot to put the damn thing on day 3 :o. I then figured, what the heck, I'm gonna have to get off it at some point so why not give it a try? It was horrible for the first week or so. Took all my resolve to keep from lighting up. It still isn't easy some days and my brain is not even close to being fully adjusted to not smoking but I am still super determined to make it stick. I don't ever want to go through that week 1 again NOPE. That's also my biggest concern now too is getting complacent at some point. Can't let hat happen because, 1 puff will certainly put me back to a pack a day and that would be devastating.  I wish you well T2B !!

• Like 2

Hey Tyme, that's it now chick, practice runs complete and I hope you learnt what you needed to learn. Smoking brings us nothing of any true value or benefit - quite the opposite my friend! All you need to do is today and not romance. Easy right! One step at a time. Don't overthink and don't over work it. Not smoking is waaayyyy easier then all the prep of smoking, the making sure you have them, counting how many etc...all done! Blissful. Let's get er done!

• Like 2

I think it was my day 3 & 4 I couldn't leave the house even. Was completely brain-dead. It will get better, you just gotta battle through the tough days in the beginning. You'll make it - just bear down and power through it ;)

• Like 2

I will be SO glad to get through this phase lol!

You will.  Eventually you will look back at these early days of the quit and realize it was all worth it.  A few days of malaise for a lifetime of freedom is a good trade.

• Like 4

Tired...no energy....but from reading & reading I know this will go away. I had a bad time with insomnia lat Quit but every quit is different & I am prepared. Just gotta push through.

• Like 1

Welcome back.. don't fcuk up this time.

Good advice lol! Once I am well on my way my treat to myself is going to be laser teeth cleaning for pearly whites again!! Gotta have a goal! So, NOPE, Pride in Quitting (and feeling better) & Pearly Whites...yes!

• Like 3

Good advice lol! Once I am well on my way my treat to myself is going to be laser teeth cleaning for pearly whites again!! Gotta have a goal! So, NOPE, Pride in Quitting (and feeling better) & Pearly Whites...yes!

That is a great idea.  You should have that done soon.  That way it will cost you even more to fcuk up (relapse  ;))

• Like 2