Things are different now

ExTex

Yesterday was inventory day; which usually means a 10-12 hour day depending.  

Depending on what?  Depending how many fires drills we go through before the final approval button can be pushed and we can all go home.

Yesterday it took 7 hours.  SEVEN.  That's 3-5 hours less than it normally takes.

Why the difference?  Some of it can be attributed to process improvements I put in place (go me!).

But at least an hour was saved by just not stopping three times to go outside and smoke.

We measure everything we do here, so I am confident where the time was going.

I got to go home on time for a change.  I got to do something fun last night.

Smoking really eats so much time and energy that I never even considered.

Today's mantra? Carpe Diem

nosmoking-1024x723.jpg

• Like 8

I wish we had a love button like we do on facebook for this post. I 100% love all the extra time I have too and whilst initially, it felt pretty odd and I kept looking for things to fill that time - now I really embrace the extra hours in a day. Good for you on those improvements at work too - defo go you!

Increased productivity is one of those rewards of quitting that we don't really think about until we quit.  My smoke breaks were turning into 15-minute excursions.  Talking to the other nicotine addicts out on "smoker's island."  Doing the whole "hey how's it going" circuit when I came back in.  Then it took a couple of minutes to get back into the rhythm of doing the job I was working on.

Time is finite, don't waste it on smoking.

• Like 3

You guys have me thinking of my smoking days..

It would take me at least 10 minutes to walk to the smoking area..have a quick smoke..then walk all the way back...

In all weathers.... Some days soaked to the skin...

When I got back ,I would see the non smokers ..sitting in the warm relaxing with a coffee..

When I quit..I was so proud to just sit with those I was so jealous of...

• Like 3

Yes, it's not just the time spent smoking but thinking about where and when you can squeeze in a quick smoke, putting up with the crappy weather conditions where you smoke some days. Boggles my mind now thinking about what I was prepared to go through on a regular basis just to keep the beast satisfied :o

• Like 4