Where is Evelyn....

Doreensfree

I'm going to be honest Evelyn it's really simple in that you quit smoking and you just don't smoke. All the mental, and physical discomfort, is just part of it I'm afraid. If you really want something bad enough you just dig real deep, and do it.

Until you can accept that you are just going round in circles, and causing yourself unessasary drama and grief.

I hope you find it in yourself to dig deep, crack on, and just get it done once and for all.

• Like 2

Sweetheart..

You seem angry..but who are you angry at...all the good folks here who have supported you for 3 years..or..

Are you angry at yourself ..because you keep relapsing...

We are here and want to support you..and get you to that lido deck..but we carnt if you keep relapsing..

You know all the dangers of smoking.. You know it won't end well...look at my story evelyn

You can quit...you just need to want it so bad..quitting is the main focus in your life..

No more I will..I won't..i carnt..this week ..next week...

The time is now...if I can Evelyn .you can..trust me..

• Like 1

I'm sad now for you Evelyn .... Guess I haven't been around long enough to understand the issues. Just want everyone to quit for themselves. If they don't want to .... I mean REALLY don't want to then, that's their choice and I'm OK with that. I will carry on with the commitment I have made to myself regardless. I'm gonna fight my own battle against this addiction. I hope you find the strength one day to fight to the finish as well :)

• Like 2

I'm going to be honest Evelyn it's really simple in that you quit smoking and you just don't smoke. All the mental, and physical discomfort, is just part of it I'm afraid. If you really want something bad enough you just dig real deep, and do it.

Until you can accept that you are just going round in circles, and causing yourself unessasary drama and grief.

I read a line a little while back that made me think, it said: "the avoidance of suffering is a form of suffering."  How long did many of us continue abusing ourselves with cigarettes for fear of the dreadful quit.  Months, even years, of smoking cigarettes when we knew it was in our best interest to quit.  That tinge of weakness and defeat with every cigarette lit is a feeling I remember all too well.

Quitting does present moments that will test your resolve, but is far superior to the anguish of continuing to smoke.

• Like 5

I believe in Evelyn. I too used to be a serial 2/3/7 days quitter, years of trying to quit. She managed to be months already she just needs to get a whole month or so going and then really commit to it. Hell im almost 11 months free and ive been through a lot to reach this, i know the temptations they´re everywhere. Its really a marathon to reach the lido deck, you really have to commit to nope as a mantra when it comes to smoking. Hell i wish i could smoke right now but nope!

• Like 1

Don't you dare Stewie! I think I would give up if you caved in after almost a year.

When you get to the status some of you are at then you are somewhat responsible for us newbies being successful too you know. We read all the posts and look to the long term people for inspiration when we are struggling so don't show us any weakness - just carry on with what you have fought so hard for B) 

• Like 2

Being angry with yourself is understandable..boy I was angry at myself for smoking all those years..

But I know now it's just wasted energy... That energy should be going towards your quit...

I know of your struggles ..but the only way you will move forward..is to ditch the past ..

And live your life on your terms now..

You have to make a decision Evelyn..if you want to quit and I sure hope you do..for your health ..

Turn the page to a new chapter..and get the job done..think how proud you would feel..

• Like 2

I'm not angry at you all. I'm frustrated and angry with myself. I can try to explain.... But it won't make a difference. I just have no fightspirit right now.

Lack of the old fighting spirit is no reason to continue smoking.  My quit became easier when I quit fighting and accepted my addiction for what it is.  Addiction has the power we give it.  You quit feeding it, the addiction loses any and all power.  You take the power back from your addiction...there's nothing there to fight.  You have the keys to the kingdom, it's all about what you let in and what you keep out.

A cigarette is an inanimate cylindrical tube filled with dry tobacco, it is only in the addicted mind that it becomes anything more than that.

• Like 3

I must say, I have to dig really deep some days just to continue on with my quit. I have smoked as long or longer than anyone here and I have never tried to quit before. I read about all the people that have multiple quit attempts and are still struggling and that scares me a little and makes me wonder if I really have it in me to quit for good on my first try. I don't want to ever go through this again. Once is enough for me thanks very much. I need to do this the first time or it just won't happen. I'll be f***en pi**ed off if this doesn't happen for me but at the same time, I know it's totally up to me to make it happen and god dammit, it WILL happen :angry: You just watch me!!

(Rant Over)

• Like 4

I better not let myself down. I want positivity. I cried this morning, when I decided to quit for good; this all or nothing. No more excuses. Doorbel. I want this, so bad. I'm so f*cking done with smoking, bringing myself down with it. The coughing, asthma attacks.... and I better not let myself down or I have someone's underwear for breakfast. This time is for real. 

I can only prove by time, sticking with NOPE. It's not about being her convincing you all this is my sticky quit. I know it. I want this. You all posting here brought some sense back. So chewing on some weird gum, drinking lots of water and knowing it will pass. 

Being angry with yourself is understandable..boy I was angry at myself for smoking all those years..

But I know now it's just wasted energy... That energy should be going towards your quit...

I know of your struggles ..but the only way you will move forward..is to ditch the past ..

And live your life on your terms now..

You have to make a decision Evelyn..if you want to quit and I sure hope you do..for your health ..

Turn the page to a new chapter..and get the job done..think how proud you would feel..

New chapter, called; 'It's my life and I'm responsible'. 

I get a lot of positive energy already from my decision.  

• Like 1