Posting an S.O.S.

MarylandQuitter

yeah I tried that...14 years ago...just quit again now. Was only having the one....

Jess, No matter what you feel just carry on walking away from it. You don't want it in your life that's why you quit.

Read up on Junkie thinking. It's the thought that says just one puff, just one and before we know where we are the whole damn addiction thing is re-activated and we're thinking, no need to quit, I will cut down....  It doesn't stop there. 

Hope you ok sweetie. It's tough at times, I know it is. But with every nope and bad trigger faced your quit gets stronger and longer. Keep the faith chickie.

xx

• Like 3

Skipped lunch and went for a drive....found a lone cig in my car. I parked the car and held the cig for a long time, picked up a lighter and broke the cig threw it out the window and said nope....the absolutely hardest part of this journey so far. Thank you for all your posts and reassurance. I have to keep saying nope...if I slip I will be right back at it.....

• Like 11

That's how it goes. Tomorrow will be better, you did GREAT!!

It might of felt bad but you just jumped up your quit big time. Every time we face a trigger down and say NOPE it gets quieter and less demanding of attention. That's how we quit and you're right on track!!

Great work. x

• Like 3

Skipped lunch and went for a drive....found a lone cig in my car. I parked the car and held the cig for a long time, picked up a lighter and broke the cig threw it out the window and said nope....the absolutely hardest part of this journey so far. Thank you for all your posts and reassurance. I have to keep saying nope...if I slip I will be right back at it.....

I am glad that you made it through with your quit intact. 

We all have had the junkie thoughts early in our quits. MQ posted all sorts of video goodness about the nature of this addiction when you have time you should watch them. 

Here is the video library.  and This is a bunch of documentaries that I recommend watching at your leisure, they will infuriate you. Also, you should write a response to yourself... write why you want to quit, what you are giving to yourself by taking smoking out of your life, the benefits that you will see from quitting.  Read the thread there are some brilliant posts in there. 

Well done, we are proud of you.

• Like 4

Hi jess....

I'm sorry I too have only just seen your post from yesterday......

I'm so pleased you smashed that cig to bits.....throw your lighter away too....

Your junkie brain will do anything to lure you back....always be on your guard....

Well done....you won that battle.....this is how it's done.....

Hugs xxx

• Like 1

Well done, Jess!!!

• Like 2

love the picture Jess, very nice :d

Do you need help with your ticker?

Yes please

Uh oh... Now your going to think I know what I'm talking about... lol!

Let me dig up the thread about it and post it for you :)

Uh oh... Now your going to think I know what I'm talking about... lol!

Let me dig up the thread about it and post it for you :)

I thought we had a whole thread about it, but if we do, I couldn't find it... Here is a thread with some instructions - http://www.quittrain.com/topic/401-how-do-i-get-a-ticker-tape/?hl=ticker

If you have any questions or get stuck, please ask!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Before you take that one puff and throw your quit away, remember that everything you've gone through so far will have to be repeated.  Please make a new thread in this board so we can respond and help you keep your quit.  Whatever you're feeling is only temporary and nothing is worth giving up your quit over.  Not one puff ever.

Myself and the moderators are immediately alerted each time a post is created in this forum.  Please do not smoke!

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

• Like 1

• 2 years later...