MarylandQuitter

Posting an S.O.S.

Thanks for the quick response yesterday to my SOS. Did not smoke and am feeling calm today :-)

I haven't figured out quite how to use the site yet.

Good choice not smoking...fabulous choice.

Well done D...

Deep breaths..keep busy...

We will find you ..read all you can here ..you'll soon get the hang of it..

Smoking is not on the table no matter what....this saying saved my quit so many times ..some day repeating it all day..

• Like 1

Well done for getting though it, just keep putting one foot in front of the other ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response yesterday to my SOS. Did not smoke and am feeling calm today :-)

I haven't figured out quite how to use the site yet.

Good work.  Strength builds with every successful bout.  You're on the right path...Proceed.

And like Doreen said, regardless of where you post, we'll find it.

On 3/29/2014 at 3:10 AM, MarylandQuitter said:

Before you take that one puff and throw your quit away, remember that everything you've gone through so far will have to be repeated.  Please make a new thread in this board so we can respond and help you keep your quit.  Whatever you're feeling is only temporary and nothing is worth giving up your quit over.  Not one puff ever.

Myself and the moderators are immediately alerted each time a post is created in this forum.  Please do not smoke!

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Everyone here is on your side 

so, give us a chance to talk to you before you blow your quit.

and

Please

post your own pre-response to your SOS

this will help solidify your quit and teach us how to respond to any crisis you may have.

• Like 1

Hi I am one day and five hours in on my Quit - I found this site through google I havent stopped reading every post to find out if how I am feeling is normal !! seems it is but it is still sooooo hard - this is my fifth quit attempt in five years so desperate to beat the cigs x

• Like 8

Welcome aboard Hayley, congrats on deciding to take your life back. Any questions you have can probably be answered by our members here as far as quitting goes. Why don't you introduce yourself on the introductions board so everyone can say hi :) Oh and anything you want to know can be posted on the discussions board. It'll get more views over there. Lets make this quit your forever quit :) 

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3

Welcome to the Quit Train Hayley..

Congrats on your great decision to beat this killer addiction 

Keep reading...watch all Joels video,s....

We fight this addiction with knowledge.....

Looking forward to getting to know you better ...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hayley said:

Hi I am one day and five hours in on my Quit - I found this site through google I havent stopped reading every post to find out if how I am feeling is normal !! seems it is but it is still sooooo hard - this is my fifth quit attempt in five years so desperate to beat the cigs x

Welcome to QuitTrain, Hayley.  Congrats on deciding to quit smoking.

Like you, I had several attempts to quit before quitting for good.  That cycle of quitting and relapsing is horrible.  It is best to quit for good and leave the cig's behind forever.

Yes, it may feel like quitting is very hard.  These are normal thoughts.  However, seeking out support as well as educating yourself about nicotine addiction really helps in quitting for good.  You will find a lot of support and knowledge here.

And to reference Jillar's previous post, more people will see your posts in the introduction thread.  There are a lot of people here willing to help you out and wanting you to succeed in quitting for good.

It is nice to have you here. 

• Like 2

Hi Hayley,  So glad you found us.  I also found this site one Google.  I had tried everything; patches, cessation clinics and hypnosis.  There is something wonderful about this site because it worked for me.  It is full of information and so many  personal accounts on quitting smoking.   Once you get going it is not that bad.  It actually is quite rewarding.   So excited to help you on this journey. 

• Like 3

Hope you stay with it Hayley! The benefits that last the rest of your life are so worth the uncomfortable days you may experience in the beginning. 

Trust me ....... you are NO different than any of the rest of us and we have made it through the same early days you are experiencing now. You need to be fully committed and 100% invested in your quit. Once you are and are able to turn your back on smoking - yes, take it off the table completely, then and only then will you be free from this addiction.

It's as simple as never taking another puff from a cigarette. It's the adjustment in your brain to living that way that takes a lot of time and work but it WILL happen to you as it has to all the others who have gone before you. Just give it a chance :) 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2014 at 3:10 AM, MarylandQuitter said:

Before you take that one puff and throw your quit away, remember that everything you've gone through so far will have to be repeated.  Please make a new thread in this board so we can respond and help you keep your quit.  Whatever you're feeling is only temporary and nothing is worth giving up your quit over.  Not one puff ever.

Myself and the moderators are immediately alerted each time a post is created in this forum.  Please do not smoke!

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

On 8/17/2018 at 5:33 PM, Sazerac said:

Everyone here is on your side 

so, give us a chance to talk to you before you blow your quit.

and

Please

post your own pre-response to your SOS

this will help solidify your quit and teach us how to respond to any crisis you may have.

• Like 1