week-end accident..

joe

Here is a quick post about the accident me and Sherrie was in Thursday..Still taking pain meds so excuse any typing mistakes...lol

We were headed to the mall to exchange a Christmas present, (a top Sherrie got Jenni that was too small)..We went to Jenni's and got it, and  because we were coming from that direction, we went the "back" way....its a lightly traveled road from point "A" to point "B" with only 1 stop along the 15 mile section of road....A nice ride through the country.....Until..

A pick up truck comes out of no-where...blowing through a stop sign, and slams into my door..(at full speed...didn't slow down at all..), which sent us spinning....right into a telephone pole on Sherries side..lucky it hit just behind her door...the pole snapped off and we ended up stopping some distance from the pole.....The had to cut us both out of the car...

we both took a ride in an ambulance and spent the next 5 or 6 hrs at the hospital getting x-rays and ct scans, along with other coutless tests..before getting sent home....nothing broken, only bruises and bumps..now, a couple days later, we are more sore than the first...as expected, my back is giving me the most problems....we were thrown around like rag dolls...and yes...we both had seat belts on. it was those and the side airbags that saved us in my opinion...

Ironically the next day (Fri.) a letter came in the mail from Ford Motor Co. for a recall notice...it seems that the seatbelts may fail in an accident...lol...I can attest ours worked!!

anyhow...heres a few pics and im off to get another muscle relaxer (works better than the pain meds)...

16174582_1584379894912165_35507965184245

16142668_1584379918245496_32887867070057

16142498_1584380174912137_76000093426777

16113962_1584380044912150_56348738779127

That was a terrible accident!

Yes it was...my insurance agent had to call the driver of the truck for his insurance info...what was on the state patrols report was wrong..... My agent said his first question was to ask about us.... He just seen us load in the ambulances and didn't know anything of our condition...When she told him that we were bruised and sore, but nothing broke and didn't require staying at the hospital, he broke down...he thought we may have died....it was a violent crash.

We still feel it, but are thankful we came out of it like we did....

This had me holding my breath...I'm so glad both of you are not worse off.  The car looks like it was a violent accident, wow.  Keep taking those meds and I'ill be sending you positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.  Wow, Joe.