Hello Guys

Nik Rebello

Good Luck Nicky, and welcome!

I guess you can disregard the private message i sent, since you were no doubt posting this as I was suggesting it to you...lol

congrats on your decision to quit smoking ..your future wife and (future)kids will be grateful for it.

There are a lot of members here who will offer support and advice. I urge you to use the site and watch videos and try to understand this addiction as much as possible, because it will help you beat it.

any time you have questions, or just need to vent, dont hesitate to log on and pound on the keyboards......and...If a crave gets to the point that you are doubting your self, post an S.O.S.  someone will be along to try and help in any way we can...

Take this one day at a time, that all you ever need to quit for...just today...dont worry about forever..

Good luck, and welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Good Lucky Nicky!   You can do this!  I am 14 days quit with the patches.  The biggest lie I told myself is the patches would take away the cravings completely and it would be a breeze.  Although they have helped me tremendously, it still takes a real determination and support to stay quit.  Even with the patch on, don't forget to distract yourself, suck on some hard candy (jolly ranchers really work for me, the blue raspberry kind) and read these blogs anytime you feel edgy.  You can do it and don't give in...the cravings do get better!!!!!!

• Like 2

Hi Nicky,

Welcome to this magical place..

Congrats on your decision to stop this awful addiction...

There is a ton of info here..knowledge will be your weapon..

Take our daily pledge..it's a promise to yourself not to smoke ijn the next 24 hrs...it saved my quit so often..

Post every day..being apart of a support family.does make a massive difference...

You can do it...we all did..

• Like 1

Good Luck Nicky, and welcome!

I guess you can disregard the private message i sent, since you were no doubt posting this as I was suggesting it to you...lol

congrats on your decision to quit smoking ..your future wife and (future)kids will be grateful for it.

There are a lot of members here who will offer support and advice. I urge you to use the site and watch videos and try to understand this addiction as much as possible, because it will help you beat it.

any time you have questions, or just need to vent, dont hesitate to log on and pound on the keyboards......and...If a crave gets to the point that you are doubting your self, post an S.O.S. someone will be along to try and help in any way we can...

Take this one day at a time, that all you ever need to quit for...just today...dont worry about forever..

Good luck, and welcome aboard!

Thx

Good Lucky Nicky!   You can do this!  I am 14 days quit with the patches.  The biggest lie I told myself is the patches would take away the cravings completely and it would be a breeze.  Although they have helped me tremendously, it still takes a real determination and support to stay quit.  Even with the patch on, don't forget to distract yourself, suck on some hard candy (jolly ranchers really work for me, the blue raspberry kind) and read these blogs anytime you feel edgy.  You can do it and don't give in...the cravings do get better!!!!!!

Thx for the tip will try it

Hi Nicky,

Welcome to this magical place..

Congrats on your decision to stop this awful addiction...

There is a ton of info here..knowledge will be your weapon..

Take our daily pledge..it's a promise to yourself not to smoke ijn the next 24 hrs...it saved my quit so often..

Post every day..being apart of a support family.does make a massive difference...

You can do it...we all did..

Thx i found this site by fluke and yesi will try doing the daily pledge
  • Like 1

Glad your here. sorry to hear your sentence of marriage. what were you convicted of?

is Nicky a chick or a stick?

Lol bakon

You got me smiling like a idiot you know after i read your post

im convicted of falling for a special person and as a penality im tying the knot with her plus the lifelong sentence and

Niky is a stick

• Like 2

Im gonna take care of my fish tank and go on long rides on my bull will help me unwind and forget smoking

• Like 1

Welcome, Nicky!

How Do I Quit Smoking? The Newbie Database

My Cigarette, My Friend

How do you feel about a friend who has to go everywhere with you? Not only does he tag along all the time, but since he is so offensive and vulgar, you become unwelcome when with him. He has a peculiar odor that sticks to you wherever you go. Others think both of you stink.

He controls you totally. When he says jump, you jump. Sometimes in the middle of a blizzard or storm, he wants you to come to the store and pick him up. You would give your spouse hell if he or she did that to you all the time, but you can't argue with your friend. Sometimes, when you are out at a movie or play he says he wants you to go stand in the lobby with him and miss important scenes. Since he calls all the shots in your life, you go. Your friend doesn't like your choice of clothing either. Instead of politely telling you that you have lousy taste, he burns little holes in these items so you will want to throw them out. Sometimes, he tires of the furniture and gets rid of it too. Occasionally, he gets really nasty and decides the whole house must go.

He gets pretty expensive to support. Not only is his knack of property destruction costly, but you must pay to keep him with you. In fact, he will cost you thousands of dollars over your lifetime. And you can count on one thing, he will never pay you a penny in return.

Often at picnics you watch others playing vigorous activities and having lots of fun doing them. But your friend won't let you. He doesn't believe in physical activity. In his opinion, you are too old to have that kind of fun. So he kind of sits on your chest and makes it difficult for you to breathe. Now you don't want to go off and play with other people when you can't breathe, do you?

Your friend does not believe in being healthy. He is really repulsed by the thought of you living a long and productive life. So every chance he gets he makes you sick. He helps you catch colds and flu. Not just by running out in the middle of the lousy weather to pick him up at the store. He is more creative than that. He carries thousands of poisons with him which he constantly blows in your face. When you inhale some of them, they wipe out cilia in your lungs which would have helped you prevent these diseases.

But colds and flu are just his form of child's play. He especially likes diseases that slowly cripple you - like emphysema. He considers this disease great. Once he gets you to have this, you will give up all your other friends, family, career goals, activities - everything. You will just sit home and caress him, telling him what a great friend he is while you desperately gasp for air.

But eventually your friend tires of you. He decides he no longer wishes to have your company. Instead of letting you go your separate ways, he decides to kill you. He has a wonderful arsenal of weapons behind him. In fact, he has been plotting your death since the day you met him. He picked all the top killers in society and did everything in his power to ensure you would get one of them. He overworked your heart and lungs. He clogged up the arteries to your heart, brain, and every other part of your body. In case you were too strong to succumb to this, he constantly exposed you to cancer causing agents. He knew he would get you sooner or later.

Well, this is the story of your "friend," your cigarette. No real friend would do all this to you. Cigarettes are the worst possible enemies you ever had. They are expensive, addictive, socially unacceptable, and deadly. Consider all this and NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!

Joel

http://whyquit.com/w...lcigfriend.html

Lol..well nick the stick...so glad you found this little tiny family ..let's get the job done !!!

Nik the stick.  Sounds like you will fit in perfectly around here!

Congrats on the marriage plans!

We're happy to help you kick that nasty addiction and be free!  You'll love it!

Nic the stick gonna kick the nic (nicotine).

And I'd tell you to stay away from that old numbers game, but it's such a nice distraction you should go ahead and jump in.  We've got some newbie chicks too to balance you out.  :)

• Like 1

Nik the stick. Sounds like you will fit in perfectly around here!

Congrats on the marriage plans!

We're happy to help you kick that nasty addiction and be free! You'll love it!

Nic the stick gonna kick the nic (nicotine).

And I'd tell you to stay away from that old numbers game, but it's such a nice distraction you should go ahead and jump in. We've got some newbie chicks too to balance you out. :)

Thx petra

It seems i have a liking to the new name i received

Nik the stick

• Like 1