Checking In

Jackie

Hi All - Checking in today to let you know I made it through a very difficult weekend with the only people I know that still smoke....I even had a beer (which I tend to not let myself drink when quitting because I cave too easy).  I didn't have a single puff, NOPE.  I think this is the time for me because although the cigarette smelled good and I missed the social aspect, I instantly thought of all the reasons I chose to quit in the first place and my mind became grounded again.  I think at some point, your body just can't do it anymore and your mind knows its time.  Did anyone else get to that point?  I already feel the difference in my lungs and my new exercise regime is helping as well.  The patches seem to really work for me, but I am also excited to get off them in the next two months and be completely nicotine free.

Side note, mornings are getting better.  I've taken some advice and change my routine by not getting up so gosh darn early just to smoke :)  I sleep in an extra half hour and then get some coffee and start getting around.  If I wake up to early, I read.  I've been obsessed with reading the last few weeks.  My mood has also been incredibly normal this time...my husband is extremely thankful and man he is a trooper.  He HATES cigarettes, never smoked a day in his life, yet loved me anyways and never hounded me to quit.  He always asked when I was going to, but never made me feel bad.  He tells me he's proud every day and I know that kind of support is helping more and more.

Anyways, thank you all for your continued support.  I know the cravings are not over and won't be until I'm off of the ol' nicotine, but I have you and great friends and family for support.  Thanks again and all my best from the frozen Tundra, Michigan.

• Like 9

Hi,

I seem to have missed the start of your journey. Massive congrats at being smoke free!!

I think something clicks, then you know you can do this. Yes you have to educate and stay vigilant to triggers but you commit to being a non smoker too. Celebrate those victories y the way, as well as the time ones. It's finding a non smoking peace in a moment, then a morning, then a situation etc 

You are doing fabulous :)

x

Good work Jackie.  It is very important to remember why you quit.  When the "whys" of the quit are clearly embedded, the "hows" have a way of working themselves out.

You've got yourself a successful quit going, congratulations.

Thanks for the reply, Jackie

Some advice:..check in daily and let us know how your doing...we are a nosy bunch !  :D

Early in my quit, ..I lived here...nothing like support from people who have gone through it.

even when you dont have anything to say, there are plenty of videos and old posts that you can go through to help you understand the addiction side of smoking...it makes quitting a little easier when you know what your up against.

besides...I dont have anything to say that makes sense alot of times, but say it anyway. :p

How are you doing today? x

Hi Marti,

Doing well today.  This morning again, didn't want to get out of bed, but once I did and got moving, I forgot all about those lil' devils.  I'm about ready to eat lunch and mix my healthy salad together and read!  I'm not sure what's happening to me, but all of these changes are making me feel pretty darn good.  I don't have to leave work at lunch anymore and trudge out into the frozen ice storm we had today, to sit in my car, try and not go in the ditch and smoke all lunch.  Sounds like a pretty bad day now that I think about it.  Instead, I'm going to read a great book and keep up on this website :)  Thanks for checking in!!!

• Like 5

I like reading the message boards.  

Here is my two cents for the day. I thought once I quit I would have so much more time in the mornings and now I laugh because I am actually rushing out the house late not sure how that's possible. 

• Like 1

Sounds like an awesome quit you have going!!!

The forums were a life saver for me!  Post a question if you'd like or post your progress!  We are happy to cheer each other on and hear how great things are going!!!

I also loved the new found energy I got from not smoking and eating healthier and exercising more!!!  

Quitting is all good and absolutely no bad!

Keep up the great work!!!