Chrysalis is almost 3 years smoke free!

Chrysalis

Hi, Folks-

I just thought I'd pop in and share my good news. With the help of this board, I quit smoking in March of 2014 and I have not smoked since. I had a very though time quitting-- I quit and relapsed several times over the years. But I finally made it!

I feel great! Once my lungs healed, I was able to exercise better which helped me to lose 40 pounds last year. And life is MUCH easier as a non-smoker (like booking hotel rooms or standing around airports without wondering if I have time to run outside for a smoke). And with the $5,000 I have saved, we're going to Europe in the spring! Yippee!

Yes, there are still occasional times when I get an urge to smoke. My worst is what I call "Miller Time" which happens when I finish a long, difficult task. I really want to sit and smoke and savor a job well done. But after all this time, I know that I won't go buy cigarettes just to have one "Miller Time" smoke. And I know that within 5 minutes the desire will fade, anyway. That's the good thing about establishing a good track record for yourself-- you gain confidence in yourself that you can maintain your quit no matter what. Stress, illness, unemployment, marital arguments, Miller Time... I have faced and conquered all of those without going back to smoking. So the next time I face such a challenge, I know that I will be able to keep my quit.

So hang in there, folks. Take it one day at a time and stay focused on why you wanted to quit in the first place. It WILL get better and you WILL be very proud of yourself. I am!

• Like 6

Great job!!!  Remember this video?

Using Cigarettes As Rewards

Video discusses how what many people find themselves not wanting to do certain activities because they can no longer reward themselves with a cigarette for completion of their tasks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYq43i2tKaY

• 3 weeks later...