Help, Motivation

juanrmartino

Guys im back, i missed the sarge (especially) and all of you

Im Juan from argentina, Ive lost 45 pounds training football and lifting weights

all this running while smoking

Been working studying

I really missed you guys.

I wont promise anything.

I just wanted to know my situation. Ive read 3 books (allen carr also) about nicotine

Ive read the forum

I Pretty much know how this works and triggers, ive been traying to stop every day for the pas 2 years and thing is the time i quitedd for 1 year i didnt read ]ANYTHING.

Its sad beceause every time i try know i feel i wont make it, each try is fail and is vicuos masoquistic cycle, each try confirms i cant.

The time i quitted for 1 year and half wasnt a try, was a resolution, and i was happy about it, no because of need or fear but to improve in my training. IT WAS VERY VERY EASY.

I have a different psycology now and a different brain.

Like a said every fail makes it worse and MAYBE IT MAKES A LOT HARDER THAN IT REALLY IS.

aNY THOUGHTS APRICIATE IT.

love 

Juan. From argentina maradona and Messi lol

• Like 2

Hola Juan. Eventually you will smoke your last cigarette. What we're doing here is trying to increase the time between the last cigarette and the first shovelfull of dirt on your grave, heh heh.

What I did was just not pick up the first one. I watched the joel videos (and really didn't want to disappoint the guy :-)  every day and posted, read, and basically lived on this forum for the first week. Every day since then has been another day of not picking up the first one. 

Post here every day, like "Juan Day 1, Day 2," etc so we have a place to give you an attaboy.  Maybe get a new non-smoker as a quit buddy and text each other when the thought to smoke comes on big. 

Remember... it's the first one that gets you!

• Like 2

Its sad beceause every time i try know i feel i wont make it, each try is fail and is vicuos masoquistic cycle, each try confirms i cant.

Nope.  Past failed attempts do not mean you can't, they simply mean you didn't.  Not yet anyway.  There are lessons to take from each failure.  Take those lessons, use them to your advantage, and then proceed to throw everything else from the past failures onto the scrap heap of history.  Your past does not dictate your future unless you allow it to.  Divorce yourself from any past failures and focus that attention on future success.  

You seem to have a lot of doubt about your ability to quit smoking.  Here's what I took from reading your post: You have the desire to quit (you wouldn't be here if you didn't).  You're open to learning (reading the forum, Allen Carr, etc.).  You have the ability to set a goal and commit to succeed (weight loss, football training, studying...).  Desire, education, and commitment...that's all you need.  You already possess every tool needed to not only quit smoking, but to have a superb quit.  

You know the way to success it's just a matter of starting down that path now.  The future is yours Juan.

• Like 3

Juan!!!  I was just thinking about you the other day when I was doing some forum maintenance.  I remember you were reading Allen Carr in between classes when others would go out to smoke. 

Glad you stopped by and that you're doing all of this positive stuff to stay healthy.  Now, there's only one thing left to do to tie it all together; quit smoking.  You know the drill, my friend.  You deserve to be smoke-free and kick this horrible addiction once and for all.  Please keep us updated and stick around!

PS, don't worry about the spelling!!  Nobody around here cares about that stuff.  What's important is that you're present and active.  :)  Please follow the link below and read the article by John.

https://www.quittrain.com/topic/7669-caring-for-our-quit-by-john-r-polito/?p=191537

• Like 1

Juan..you have had all the good advice you need to succeed..

All you need is the passion and the urge to never light another cig ever..

You are no more addicted than any one else here...we all just made that important and the right decision..

You have all the tools in your tool box..all you need to do now buddy is use them ..and don't let them rust away..

Come on..Juan..let's get this job done..many hands make it easy..

Don't worry about your spelling..dead folk carnt write anyway..cigs are killing you..

aNY THOUGHTS APRICIATE IT.

love 

Juan. From argentina maradona and Messi lol

Hi Juan,

You know me from another place, and for several years now.

The only thought I can extend to you, is that if you make a solid commitment to never smoke again....and keep it....that  you will never have to continue to ride the roller coaster again.

NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF (NTAP)

It is as simple as that.

Cristóbal

• Like 1

Great to see you Juan!

Get this done!  No more smoking.  We have all tried and failed.  Time now for you to DO and succeed!

I forgot that I did the daily posts that Simba mentioned, like  Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.  Those are super helpful, you post for distraction and get reinforcement.