Lost Weight With Slimming World.

sharonsiff

I'd got up to 10 stone, 7 pounds, after my last Tenerife getaway..too many cocktails no doubt.

One of my customers had lost 6 stone following SW plus my neighbor wanted to lose three, so I spoke to her and we signed up. I wanted to get back to 9 stone, my weight after stopping smoking. I joined, followed the plan and it worked. Hubby was obviously eating what I was, and started to count the syn value of any treats, and lost 2 and a half stone in ten weeks.

Works for us because we make it work, we are not fans of low fat so we just syn any full fat yogurt and cheese we want, where obviously many folk just purchase the low fat brand. It works for us because we can have carbs..bread my favourite food...I can have two pieces of wholemeal a day (made up)

So have hit my target weight, four weeks ago, so I still make good food choices and maintaining my target weight. Had a few extra treats over the last few weeks, Christmas treats are out, but have not put any weight on. If I do though I'm not worried as I know how to lose it now.

So..am 9 stone (5 ft 2) yet am thinking I might lose another 7lbs after Christmas and that really is as low as I want to get.

Don't know if anybody else follows SW, or is considering it? All I can say is it has worked for us. We don't attend meetings and pay money each week (only did that for four weeks) you really can go it alone and save the money.

• Like 2

Thanks Sharon..

I will be checking it out after Xmas...I think im not eating enough (lol )..and my body is maintaining what little it gets...

I was doing exactly the same Doreen. I wouldn't have breakfast, sometimes would skip lunch too as I just wasn't that hungry. When I did eat I can see now I wasn't having big enough portions. Sounds crazy but since eating a lot more the weight has dropped off me. Mind a lot more of the right foods.

• Like 1

great job Sharon!

Why do cocktails have to count?  I am not a big drinker by any means...but I do like my glass of wine here and there.  Seems whenever I add the here and there, I gain.  ugghhhh

Sadly you do have to syn alcohol Babs. My neighbor likes a glass of wine so she syns her's I use mine on things I do enjoy. I will say I won't be counting a single cocktail syn in July, Tenerife time, that's for sure..lol

My friend, who likes a glass each evening, she has lost three stone still having her glass each night. Really pleased for her. My downfall was salted nuts and crisps (chips) mind you, a bag of chips is only five syns (if I pick the right ones) so that leaves me ten syns for cooking treats (love butter and olive oil) or a fun size bar of chocolate..five syns.

I can imagine eating this way for life now, I find it very easy and so simple now. Been quite an education that's for sure.