Thank you.

Tiff, life sucks sometimes. Things happen to people or will happen in the future and we can't change that.

Quitting Smoking is no guarantee that we will life long healthy lives but for me, I am happier now I have quit. Smoking does so many things to us that you only see the further along we go.

It only natural to doubt what you are doing sometimes but I do get what you are thinking.

When I first quit. My best mates 18 month old boy died. He had a virus that attack his heart and he couldn't cope. My mate took her life about a month later. It made me question everything.

I persevered and I'm glad I did. Stick with it Tiff xxx

• Like 3

We see it all too often, good people dealt a bad hand by forces beyond their control.  We've been looking for the answer and all we've come up with is more questions.

While quitting may not offer as many long-term guarantees as we would hope for, your freedom from smoking begins the moment you ash out the last cigarette.  That is a reward enjoyed daily by quitters.  There are still many circumstances that we have no control over.  However, we improve our lot in life by no longer subjugating ourselves to cigarettes and compounding our problems.

When you take charge of the things you do have control of, it prepares you to better deal with whatever else life throws at you.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about your friend. :(  I'll keep her in my prayers.  

To answer your question above...No, I don't ever wonder why I quit smoking.  Never.

I know exactly why I quit.  

I quit because I didn't want my world to revolve around cigarettes anymore.  I didn't want to keep choosing cigarettes over my kids, my family, my friends.  I didn't want to feel the stress when I couldn't smoke or the embarrassment when people found out I was a smoker.  Smoking was a lot of work and I was so tired.  I stopped believing in the cigarette.  

At the end of the day, bad things will happen and just because tomorrow is not promised does not make it reasonable to throw all caution to wind and indulge in risky behavior.  All any of us can do is live our lives one day at a time and hope for the best.

You should make a list of the reasons you wanted to quit smoking.  Something initially drew you to the board.  What was it? Start there.  I might help you to turn your thought process around. xx

• Like 1

Cancer is a disease..like why do some people get MS, alzeheimers..any disease...or why do some people who are righteous get killed in a car accident...or why was I born white, black, yellow etc..

All valid questions..BUT..all YOU have to worry about is not smoking...nothing in life is certain, but how can you question all the statistics regarding smoking cigarettes...you are doing so well.  

Questioning the why's and how comes are not for you to worry about..the joy and knowing that you have overcome an addiction that many fail at IS something to cherish.

No matter what..you are a winner.

• Like 1

It only natural to doubt what you are doing sometimes but I do get what you are thinking.

Thank you.  It just seems a little disconcerting.  My heart is breaking for her.  She's so scared and like all of us try to do..... she thought she was doing everything right.  

You should make a list of the reasons you wanted to quit smoking.  Something initially drew you to the board.  What was it? Start there.  I might help you to turn your thought process around. xx

I do.  I think I'm running more on emotion right now that thought processes.  If that makes any sense......

All valid questions..BUT..all YOU have to worry about is not smoking...nothing in life is certain, but how can you question all the statistics regarding smoking cigarettes...you are doing so well.  

Thank you.  

Again?

Nancy, this was really mean.  I didn't post an SOS.  I didn't say I was gonna smoke.  I didn't even say I was struggling.   I got on here and voiced a thought.  Kinda a safe place.  

I can promise you this..... you will never see me on here again.  

Bye.

• Like 1

Tiff, if you are going to give up your relationship with all here based on a one word post from me, that is just crazy.  You didn't like what I said, and that is fine.  Do you always throw friends away the first time they say something that you do not like?

For the record, I have been praying for you, your friend, her physicians, and all her loved ones since you posted.

Tiffany,

We're so sorry you are struggling, and happy that you kept your quit.  Those are such tough questions and life seems so unfair sometimes.  Best we can do is take care of ourselves and live as best and happy as we can.

Please don't let one word from one person take you away from the rest of us.  

Above all, please keep your quit.

Thinking of you.

• Like 1

We type words on this forum not knowing what the poster or reply-er are exactly feeling all the time, we can only guess.

Feelings are sometimes hard to put in to works and words sometimes do not convey our true feelings.

But remember your quit has nothing to do with whats going on with your friend health, just yours.

Be strong for your friend and for yourself!

• Like 2

Tiff I hope you come back, I'm sure you will once you calm down.

I don't know what you posted but from the replies it sounds like your friend has got some bad news, health wise. I hope everything will be ok for your friend.

Then I got the gist about do we ever doubt our quits? Not now as now it's hard to imagine that I actually ever was a smoker. During the first six months of the quit though..yes..often if I'm honest. Although I was actually doing it, I'd quit, it took my brain quite a while to catch up with the fact and I think I still felt like a smoker that just wasn't smoking.

Kept going though, trusted that feeling would eventually go..which it did I'm very pleased to say, so much so as I keep saying I find it hard to imagine I ever actually was a smoker.

What kept me going was trust and time, once I'd got past a month I just knew if I could manage a month I could manage forever, as I know my own self well enough to know that. I didn't want to actually stop smoking, was huge pressure from my non smoking husba, you have the advantage that you actually do want to be done. So just trust and time really...both will pay dividends in the long run.

Come back once you've calmed down Tiff, no one will bat an eye lid. Take care until you do.

• Like 3

Dammit Tiffany!

When will you finally realizing that the damn addiction is talking and controlling you??  Torturing you.  It breaks my heart to see you suffering so.

You are smart.  You are compassionate.  You are a very giving person.  You are a loyal friend.  You can still be ALL of these things while being a non smoker. 

Please never quit the quit and come back asap!  We are here for you and will be here for you for as long as it takes!!  Just like Greenlover finally flipped the switch...I believe so will you

• Like 3

Dammit Tiffany!

When will you finally realizing that the damn addiction is talking and controlling you??  Torturing you.  It breaks my heart to see you suffering so.

She's not an addict, remember?

Says so herself.

Easy Peasy